• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAMO66

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Effingham, IL.
    This Sunday Effingham County Sportsman Club USPSA Shooters (EUS)is hosting a USPSA match at the rifle range on Sun. July 14
    Six Stages 130+/- rounds.
    $20 non-members
    $17 ECSC USPSA Shooters (EUS) members

We are doing setup on Sat. afternoon starting at 2:00pm. so if anyone can help that would be great.
    We are really needing help with setup this year from more of the local shooters. We only have 5 or 6 that help rite now and it's taking much longer to get setup than it should.
    Remember, This is a volunteer setup crue so if the same ones have to keep setting up eventually they will burn out and their will be no one to help setup and that means no more matches. Any help is appreciated.

Sun.

8:15 am Registration opens
    9:40 am Registration closes
    9:45 am Shooters meeting
    10:00am first shot

Please remember you can only handle your pistol in the safe areas (with no ammo present) or under direct RO direction.
    All times are CST. (IL remember)
    You do not have to be a member of USPSA or the Effingham County Sportsman Club to shoot the match.
    Directions to the club can be found here.
    Effingham County Sportsman’s Club
    Or GPS 14295N 1025th St. Effingham
    If you need any help let us know and we'll try to help.
    AMMO
    For those that are wanting to shoot but can't find ammo. Dave Clark of X-Ring Customs is going to have ammo available but you need to let us know who you are so we can have a count on how much to bring. This ammo is for those that can't find any anywhere else. Send us an email letting us know who you are and we will get prices to you.
    We will be starting the sign up for the EUS points series this match.
    ECSC USPSA SHOOTERS (EUS) membership, Cost is $25.00 per year, this membership is at a reduced rate separate from the ECSC club membership and is only good for ECSC USPSA matches.. Members receive a $3.00 discount on every match entry.
    Point Series
    Must purchase an EUS membership. Accumulation of points in the point series starts AFTER membership has been paid.
    Must join EUS by May match.
    Division winner will receive a plaque at the end of the season.
    Division winners in divisions that have 4 or more shooters who shot four matches will receive $75 cash award at the end of the season.
    Best six matches count for each shooter.
    Each shooter will receive points equal to their percentage of the division shooter per match.

If we have enough participation we will be also giving away a gun at the end of the year.

One other thing. For those that are coming via I 57 and I70. Be sure to watch the road signs as the exits have change due to the construction in the area.
    Hope to see everyone there.

Scott

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Good match today. I liked all of the stages, including the ones that were not something I had dreamed up. The mover was very cool and very well built. I hope the guys who are pouring their heart and souls into that match and making it happen get some local help to start stepping up and helping out. Every trip into Illinois seems to be an adventure but the match is fun to shoot. Three guys is not enough to make it happen for a club.

mildot1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Mattoon, IL
    I failed to see a copywright anywhere on your dreams! By the way they were changed slightly due to range restrictions.

I am probably speaking out of turn but my lil bro is heat burnt, so I will anyway.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and especially to the ones who stayed and broke the stages down.

I hope that no one took offense to the shooters meeting but "it is what is is". My brother and Clarence Funneman(who by the way never gets to shoot due to a longtime prior commitment) have put a ton of time, labor and thinking into this club.

The "saturday afternoon" set up is not working. I fully understand that we are lacking a "core" group of area shooters to make this happen and do not expect someone who lives 50 miles away to make two trips to set up and shoot a match. I live 30 miles away and it is a pain for me.

That being said, I don't think any reasonable person would expect 3-5 of the same people to give up thier time to set up a course every month so the rest can shoot.

As Scott said, we are going to a sunday AM set up. We can use all the help we can get to get it rolling and started on time, the more help we get the faster it goes up and comes down.

I hope that no one found it rude or offensive that I was showing up and asking to be put in the line up. I did it so I could start tearing down the smaller stages and hauling them to the storage trailer when all squads had completed them.

Next month expect both of us to be doing that so when the first squad to finish is tearing down, both trailers are there to load it. We are looking at ways to speed up the go out and pick up but are going to need the help of the more experienced people to handle some of the set up while we are hauling it.

I think we have the opportunity to have a really nice club here. As you saw today the sidewalk has been expanded and if the rain ever stops the dirt work will begin.

Please bear with us as we get through the growing pains!

Best Regards
    Brad

Good match today. I liked all of the stages, including the ones that were not something I had dreamed up. The mover was very cool and very well built. I hope the guys who are pouring their heart and souls into that match and making it happen get some local help to start stepping up and helping out. Every trip into Illinois seems to be an adventure but the match is fun to shoot. Three guys is not enough to make it happen for a club.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Well done ECSC crew. A fun match.
    Good variety of stages and the mover was very cool.
    Sunday setup with an hour later start time should reduce the workload on the few locals you currently have.
    Trying to shoot and coordinate tear down at the same time has got to be a pain. Could the trailer drivers be the first shooter of their squad at the last stage? That should provide them enough time to get the trailers and not interfere with their shooting. A game plan regarding tear down at the shooters meeting may help also.

[video=youtube;DqIUkmEtlRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqIUkmEtlRc[/video]

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Great time yesterday I really liked the two guys sliding down the antenna tower. :):

Too bad we had to enforce fault lines at this match... At least I wasn't the only one that didn't know where his feet were.

You guys are doing a great job especially when you consider the help you are getting right now, hopefully that will change.

See you next month now that we know how to get there without driving all through the country!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I failed to see a copywright anywhere on your dreams! By the way they were changed slightly due to range restrictions.

I am probably speaking out of turn but my lil bro is heat burnt, so I will anyway.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and especially to the ones who stayed and broke the stages down.

I hope that no one took offense to the shooters meeting but "it is what is is". My brother and Clarence Funneman(who by the way never gets to shoot due to a longtime prior commitment) have put a ton of time, labor and thinking into this club.

The "saturday afternoon" set up is not working. I fully understand that we are lacking a "core" group of area shooters to make this happen and do not expect someone who lives 50 miles away to make two trips to set up and shoot a match. I live 30 miles away and it is a pain for me.

That being said, I don't think any reasonable person would expect 3-5 of the same people to give up thier time to set up a course every month so the rest can shoot.

As Scott said, we are going to a sunday AM set up. We can use all the help we can get to get it rolling and started on time, the more help we get the faster it goes up and comes down.

I hope that no one found it rude or offensive that I was showing up and asking to be put in the line up. I did it so I could start tearing down the smaller stages and hauling them to the storage trailer when all squads had completed them.

Next month expect both of us to be doing that so when the first squad to finish is tearing down, both trailers are there to load it. We are looking at ways to speed up the go out and pick up but are going to need the help of the more experienced people to handle some of the set up while we are hauling it.

I think we have the opportunity to have a really nice club here. As you saw today the sidewalk has been expanded and if the rain ever stops the dirt work will begin.

Please bear with us as we get through the growing pains!

Best Regards
    Brad

no offense taken from the Indiana side.

We know what it takes...If you lived in the United States, maybe we could help out more ;)

Sunday set up is probably a good idea. It works great at Riley, but there is a core group of at least 10 that show up and make it happen.

Keep your chins up...It was a fun match. Word will get out.

Mike

CAMO66

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Effingham, IL.
    First off, Thanks to all the shooters that came to the match. We had a good turnout and I think most enjoyed it.
    Now as to the Sun. setup. When we first started we were running all of our props out of a horse trailer of Clarence's. which was very unorginized. Setup and teardown was double the time it is now. We have a storage trailer down on the range now so thinks are starting to run better there. We're still working to get it orginized to what works best. Now that things are running better I think with the extra help on Sundays we can have things up and ready to shoot still before the 10:00 first shots.
    Also, we still have some berm work we're looking at trying to get done this year to improve the bays.
    Again, Thanks to all that have helped us get this match going.

Scott

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Well done ECSC crew. A fun match.
    Good variety of stages and the mover was very cool.
    Sunday setup with an hour later start time should reduce the workload on the few locals you currently have.
    Trying to shoot and coordinate tear down at the same time has got to be a pain. Could the trailer drivers be the first shooter of their squad at the last stage? That should provide them enough time to get the trailers and not interfere with their shooting. A game plan regarding tear down at the shooters meeting may help also.

[video=youtube;DqIUkmEtlRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqIUkmEtlRc[/video]

You should have had a foot fault procedural on Stage 1.

Overall that performance looked to be good for about a second place finish.

Your time on that last stage was very good.

Top Bottom