evansville gunshow fake microtechs everywhere!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ok not everywhere but one dealer had ultratech,scarab,and halo clones, he even told me that the one was a copy of a scarab! (he pronounced it skrab)asking over a hundred for the ultratech copy, claimed that it had titanium handles, was made in the usa, and had a lifetime guarantee, he never said they were real microtech's but the ultratec had the "tri wing screws"

now for the worse part, the same guy had esee izulas (i didnt ask the price) picked up an orange one, in the heavy duty plastic bag, just like the one i bought, but the orange one had the serial number,ant, and esee were screened over the coating, and not etched thru like on real esee knives, then i looked at the survival card, and on one line you was spelled "yuo".

buyer beware!!!!! you have been warned!!!!!! and there's a gunshow next weekend at the 4h, so who wants to bet that he'll be at that show too!

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I saw this going on at the show in Valpo this weekend as well...

It's about time we start shaming these dealers at their tables... I may be wong, but I'd bet a majority of gun and knife folks are against these Chinese counterfeiters profiting off the backs of hark working Americans... On top of that these American dealers are tring to scam us! Maybe I am spoiled by the Knife community that I am lucky to be apart of, but were supposed to all be in this game together...

If anyone disagrees on the grounds that they can't afford the real thing so they actually seek out counterfit Knives, shame on you too, there are plenty of quality Knives that cost less than $100. Its beyond me why any one would want a fake crappy copy of a "high end" knife. Are these the same folks that rock fake "high end" time pieces? The reason I am willing to spend the scratch for a quality knife or watch is because of what you don't see at first glance... Quality materials, construction, engineering, and the folks that stand behind the piece I am buying..

:ranton:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Whatever it is, if it's expensive and desirable, it will be counterfeited. Golf clubs, high end watches, designer clothing, and apparently knives. if it's a real good deal, it may well not be a good deal!

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I saw this going on at the show in Valpo this weekend as well...

It's about time we start shaming these dealers at their tables... I may be wong, but I'd bet a majority of gun and knife folks are against these Chinese counterfeiters profiting off the backs of hark working Americans... On top of that these American dealers are tring to scam us! Maybe I am spoiled by the Knife community that I am lucky to be apart of, but were supposed to all be in this game together...

If anyone disagrees on the grounds that they can't afford the real thing so they actually seek out counterfit Knives, shame on you too, there are plenty of quality Knives that cost less than $100. Its beyond me why any one would want a fake crappy copy of a "high end" knife. Are these the same folks that rock fake "high end" time pieces? The reason I am willing to spend the scratch for a quality knife or watch is because of what you don't see at first glance... Quality materials, construction, engineering, and the folks that stand behind the piece I am buying..

:ranton:

Gee cyprant, I wonder who you might be referring to??? :rolleyes:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have no problem calling him out....World Class Blades (Nick Sebastian)...currently setting up at the Valpo, Ft. Wayne, and Indy 1500 shows.

Yep 100% fake copies, my personal favorite is the "Archangel" its actually a HALO V copy down to the sheath and tri-wing screws. He has a nice sign detailing how it has "ATS-34 High Carbon Steel" as well as military hardened springs and a titanium frame lol. The neat thing is you can find the exact same knives he sells for $130+ online for around $30 or so. Anyone stupid enough to buy this junk is getting shafted so hard the "knives" might as well come with a complementary bottle of Vaseline. The only thing saving the autos he sells are the fact none of them are marked Microtech on them. The Bali-Songs he sells are another issue though most are marked Benchmade or Microtech. He keeps them in the case so people cant see the logos but he messed up and left the microtech logo exposed at the Valpo show.

1ZJRyVwh.jpg

In closing people who sell this crap are terrible terrible people and should ashamed of himself.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Jeff Randall is not happy with all the fake ESEE knives being sold. He will prosecute to the fullest. I hope he does. If I knew who the seller was at the Evansville show I would contact Jeff myself and make him aware of it.

jhelm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 4, 2015
    Washington
    I believe I came across the same guy at both the evansville show and the 1500. Both shows he tried to pass of the copy as a real microtech. I was looking at what resembled a microtech combat troodon. He kept calling it a combat troodon so I calmly pulled out my real combat troodon and said...now you want to compare knives? He tried to back peddle from the comments he made earlier....

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    fyi he was not at the show this weekend, there was an older gentleman with a large selection of knives(he wasn't at the last show but was at the show before) and I got to fondle a Kershaw launch 2, and if he had a launch 1 I would have walked out 95.00 poorer!

it was the first time id handled any launch, and I have to say , im impressed! nice knife, felt good in the hand, fired hard and fast!, Kershaw did it again, I just home the keep this one in production(ie not drop it like the breakout!)

Top Bottom