Ever read the lyrics to Pumped Up Kicks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    No clue who the Decemberists were so I looked them up. I never thought I'd say I didn't like a band that used an accordion and a stand up bass but from listening to a couple of their songs, I guess I was wrong. Most music today has me listening to more and more Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, and similar.

A couple nights ago I was listening to Linkin Park's A Thousand Sun's CD (awesome CD) while I made supper. My son was in the kitchen with me. The song Blackout came on. I like the song a lot. My son told me my music sucked & he was going back upstairs so he didn't have to listen to my music. This kid listens to Russian & other foreign war music & he was complaining about my music. Of course a few nights earlier he told me my Adele CD sucked too so I guess there is no winning with him.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    A couple nights ago I was listening to Linkin Park's A Thousand Sun's CD (awesome CD) while I made supper. My son was in the kitchen with me. The song Blackout came on. I like the song a lot. My son told me my music sucked & he was going back upstairs so he didn't have to listen to my music. This kid listens to Russian & other foreign war music & he was complaining about my music. Of course a few nights earlier he told me my Adele CD sucked too so I guess there is no winning with him.

I may be forced to turn in my Man-Card but Adele's "21" is an awesome album.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Some really odd tastes in music out there. I've got a niece that was getting into Korean and Japanese pop music. She listens to just about everything now. I'll give all music a chance and can usually find something in every genre (except dubstep) that I really like. As far as Adele, I MAY have heard some but I wouldn't know if I did. As far as Linkin Park, I'd rather force myself to listen to Christmas music 24/7 and I can't stand Christmas music.

Here is an indie band that I like (haven't heard their newest album yet though).

Cold War Kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rfDvpfC2bw

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We'll let you keep your man card, it just means you have a heart. Girls love that crap. I normally don't like sappy love songs but her music is so soulful. I have the Live at The Royal Albert Hall CD. It's a good CD.

Not a fan of the music but I like her voice. I listened to a couple other songs of her's and her voice reminds me of some of my favorites (far too many "singers" don't have any range today). There is a live version of "Someone Like You" of her's on YouTube that is really good.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Some really odd tastes in music out there. I've got a niece that was getting into Korean and Japanese pop music. She listens to just about everything now. I'll give all music a chance and can usually find something in every genre (except dubstep) that I really like. As far as Adele, I MAY have heard some but I wouldn't know if I did. As far as Linkin Park, I'd rather force myself to listen to Christmas music 24/7 and I can't stand Christmas music.

Cold War Kids not a bad group just a little laid back. You've probably heard the headbanger songs from Linkin Park. I can't do the songs with limited lyrics & lots of screaming but they do have lots of good music once you sift through it. They even have some pretty slow songs. I look for music that will motivate me to move because I usually have so much to do. I think some of their music would be awesome to work out, bike or run to. I could do all three to this song by them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edJOAhPtDok

This one's a little tamer but also a good work out song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kybKmVQ1lQ4

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If your just now worried about gun references in music youve missed the boat my friend. Ever heard of Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Slayer, ICP, ANY hiphop or rap music. I may have said too much about my misspent youth.... Hell even Pearl Jam has a song called Jeremy thats about a kid shooting himself in school. Its just music and a form of art. All good artist are controversial.

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    I feel this is a great song with a great story of the life in today's society. But when I was a kid (not too long ago as I'm only 25) but bullying was kinda nothing...Maybe we weren't just wimps back then? We went out and played in the yard, not just sat inside and played video games all day.

As far as the Adele references, she can straight wail and I love the 21 album. I don't care who knows that I like that album, cause it's great. And I will not allow anyone to revoke my man card, nor will the glock...can you "out run my bullet?" :D

garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    Love Foster the People

One for the SHTF guys. I listened to this forever before I looked up the lyrics.
    Tool-Aenema

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGdoqsuiN8

Lyrics

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
    I certainly hope we will.
    I sure could use a vacation from this

Bull**** three ring circus sideshow of
    Freaks

Here in this hopeless ****ing hole we call LA
    The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
    Any ****ing time. Any ****ing day.
    Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
    Fret for your latte and
    Fret for your lawsuit and
    Fret for your hairpiece and
    Fret for your Prozac and
    Fret for your pilot and
    Fret for your contract and
    Fret for your car.

It's a
    Bull**** three ring circus sideshow of
    Freaks

Here in this hopeless ****ing hole we call LA
    The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
    Any ****ing Time. Any ****ing day.
    Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
    Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
    Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still.
    Followed by millions of dumbfounded dip****s.

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
    I certainly hope we will 'cause
    I sure could use a vacation from this

STUPID ****, silly ****, stupid ****...

One great big festering neon distraction,
    I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
    Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to
    be.

Learn to swim.

**** L Ron Hubbard and
    **** all his clones.
    **** all these gun-toting
    Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

**** retro anything.
    **** your tattoos.
    **** all you junkies and
    **** your short memory.

Learn to swim.

**** smiley glad-hands,
    With hidden agendas.
    **** these dysfunctional,
    Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

'Cause I'm praying for mayhem;
    I'm praying for tidal waves
    I wanna see the ground give way.
    I wanna watch it all go down.
    Mom, please, flush it all away.
    I wanna see it go right in and down.
    I wanna watch it go right in.
    Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
    Don't just call me pessimist.
    Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
    Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it come down.
    Bring it down.
    Suck it down.
    Flush it down.

-Gary

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I view bands like Tool and Pink Floyd as modern day Mozarts. Even without the lyrics, their music is genius.

Top Bottom