Every Indiana Gun owner should have this book.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I am fairly new to this site but I have been trying to post and check the forums very regularly and I see a lot of posts asking questions like "can I carry here?" "What are the rules for.....?" or "If I have an IN CCW can carry in *insert state*?
    All the questions are great and the discussions are very interesting, but I just wanted everyone to know about an easier way to find the answers for yourselves. If you haven't heard about it, the book is called "Indiana Firearms Law Reference Manual" "3rd Edition" by Bryan Lee Ciyou, Esq.
    to be honest I never heard of it before... At the last 1500 I was headed to the INGO booth (where I got my new shooter hat and INGO patch) and I saw a booth right next to INGO selling this book. The lady told me that her husband (the author) is a lawyer and they write these books together. It cost me 26 bucks, and let me tell you that it is money well spent. The book spells out the IN and Fed laws, backs it up with example of real cases and translates the Lawyerese into english. It's definately a reference book, but it was written so well that I read it cover to cover. I have been having fun quizzing all my friends and family that have CCWs and carry. It's amazing how much people don't know about the CCW that they have and where it is accepted and where it is not...... There all tons of things the book points out that I had never thought of.
    Here's an example: I have known people that carry when they go boating, no big deal. It's perfectly legal to CCW on DNR property. The problem comes when you go out on the water. DNR lake= No Problem..... But if the lake is still owned and operated by the Army Corps of Engineers it is a Federal controlled body of water = big problem.
    Check it out... I hope you guys like it as much as I do.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    For those who own the second or first edition, the third edition contains a lot more detailed information, such as gun ordinances by town. It seems to me, though, that we should probably wait for the fourth edition update, since the third edition came out before the recent gun law changes in Indiana.

Da Bing

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Or..................

Nothing against Mr Ciyou's book except that books do get outdated after a while.

An alternative is to go here:
    NRA-ILA ::

Click on the state in question. It tells you just about everything you need to know at the state level.

Top Bottom