Clay County

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Sorry if already posted.

On Sunday, Feb. 17, Watch Dog Wire reported that they received an email from Constitutional Sheriffs stating that all 67 sheriffs in the counties of Florida have signed a pledge declaring that they not only support the Second Amendment, but that they will protect the right of the people to keep and bear arms. 67, that’s every single county in the state.

Every sheriff in Florida pledges to protect Second Amendment rights - Little Rock gun rights | Examiner.com
    I think this all fine and dandy ---- but my conspiracy side of my brain
    thinks this is a red herring and a big time head fake.
    And not just with Florida Sheriffs --- I don't trust any government / elected official anymore.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    On Sunday, Feb. 17, Watch Dog Wire reported that they received an email from Constitutional Sheriffs stating that all 67 sheriffs in the counties of Florida have signed a pledge declaring that they not only support the Second Amendment, but that they will protect the right of the people to keep and bear arms. 67, that’s every single county in the state.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/eve...otect-second-amendment-rights?cid=db_articles

Excellent. Time will tell if this is more than just lip service, though.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    After doing some statical research for my letters to my Senators. I can understand why Florida would want to keep their people toting guns.

Fact: Crime rates involving gun owners with carry permits have consistently been about 0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988.48

Fact: Florida's homicide rate fell from 36% above the national average to 4% below after CCW enactment and remains below the national average (as of the 2005 reporting period).49

48 Florida Department of Justice, 1998

49 Shall issue: the new wave of concealed handgun permit laws, Cramer C and Kopel D. Golden CO: Independence Institute Issue Paper. October 17, 1994

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Don't trust Florida Sheriffs. Many are being investigated and have been arrested for selling crime guns and guns that were confiscated from people who had illegally. I grew up there the county Sheriff was the biggest drug dealer. In one summer 4 Sheriffs not deputies were arrested for reselling guns and drugs. Oh and you don't have to be in law enforcement to become a Sheriff all you do is get voted in just like here. Google Sheriff David Harvey from Wakulla county. He owns half that county business properties.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That's cool as far as it goes, but no one ever says "I'm against the second amendment and want to help dismantle it".

Let's look at some Obama quotes:

"As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right..."

" We're a nation that believes in the Second Amendment, and I believe in the Second Amendment. We've got a long tradition of hunting and sportsmen and people who want to make sure they can protect themselves. ...But weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced."

etc. etc. Everyone says they believe in the 2nd, they just choose to interpret it in a way that suits them.

Top Bottom