• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Please forgive my ignorance, or perhaps the denseness that Im famous for. But would someone please explain this quote from the OP link:

"This film will compare the historical aspects of gun control targeting the indigenous tribes of North America and emancipated slaves through the Jim Crow era to today’s laws that favor elitists and denies the rights guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment to the most vulnerable in our society."

Oh and before you start please understand that I support the 2A. I am just not understanding how the current laws favor elitists and denies the rights to the most vulnerable. I see it as the current laws infringe on all our rights and dont see how its singling out the most vulnerable. Thanks.

Last edited:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I think it means that those who regulate who should get CCW only give them to those that are the elite, willing to pay a lot, have influence, etc

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Please forgive my ignorance, or perhaps the denseness that Im famous for. But would someone please explain this quote from the OP link:

"This film will compare the historical aspects of gun control targeting the indigenous tribes of North America and emancipated slaves through the Jim Crow era to today’s laws that favor elitists and denies the rights guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment to the most vulnerable in our society."

Oh and before you start please understand that I support the 2A. I am just not understanding how the current laws favor elitists and denies the rights to the most vulnerable. I see it as the current laws infringe on all our rights and dont see how its singling out the most vulnerable. Thanks.

I think it's referring to the "most vulnerable" as civilians, and the elites as law enforcement, or other individuals who are legally allowed to own assault weapons.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

For example, Senator Dianne Feinstein D-California has carried a concealed handgun for years.

To paraphrase from some years back when she was asked about it.

When asked about she un-apologetically tells us how she "needs" one so its OK for her.
    But it should still be restricted for regular people unless they first show they "need" it.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Remember , we're talking about California, not Indiana. I believe their CCWs are still handed
    out by discretion of local PD. It's not hard to discriminate in that case. Recent laws passed
    that, according to the NRA targeted "gangbangers ". In fact they banned hand guns common
    to self-defense, like high capacity semi- autos. Also this nulifies the 2A as it bans weapons suitable
    for militia use. Historically, attempts to "brand and ban " guns by class have been directed
    at ethnic groups. How many times have they tried to ban Saturday night specials.
    According to historical sources, this applies to (excuse the language) " ******town Saturday
    Night ". These elitists often hide their true intent behind nuanced words.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    ...But it should still be restricted for regular people unless they first show they "need" it.

Wouldn't the act of going to a store and attempting to purchase one be the act of showing that they "need" it? :n00b: That's some flawed logic.

Also with the whole dreaded "black guns", what if SHTF and the US was invaded or attempted to be invaded by another country (as unlikely as this is). You know that even the governor or senator of California staring down some armed invading troops would hide behind the person with this dreaded "black gun" if they were unarmed themselves. No one would be complaining then.

People with those views I feel don't even see them at all as self defense because they feel all snuggly warm safe living in the US, where the biggest problem of their day is a freeway that has too much traffic, or starbucks making their coffee wrong.

The only "percieved" threat to their snuggly USA life is all these criminals and horrible gang members with these dreaded "black guns" even pointing one in the direction of their house.

If I was running California, I think I would be promoting OC, and passing laws to raise the security of gun stores (to prevent theft). People often say to give gang members training so that in drive-by's the issue will "sort itself out", but I don't agree with that. IMO more people who OC would be an answer. I would think that a capable handgun shooter who OC's would me more than capable to take out a gang member who's only experience beforehand with a gun is getting the one they are using handed to them in the back of a car. :dunno:

Just my :twocents:.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

The high price of the stamp precludes many people from owning certain types of firearms.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

It's quite simple.

Rich and famous people who contribute dollars to the right political person gets permits to own and carry guns. Average and poor people don't.

Rich and famous people can still afford to buy expensive firearms that stupid rules and regulations have driven up the price on. Average and poor people can't.

Rich and famous people who are caught breaking firearm rules get a pat on the head and are told not to do it again. Average and poor people go to jail.

When the Chicago Bulls were winning multiple championships star player Scottie Pippen was caught with a handgun in his car. He got a minor fine and was sent on his way. What are the odds of that happening to me or you?

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    It's quite simple.

Rich and famous people who contribute dollars to the right political person gets permits to own and carry guns. Average and poor people don't.

Rich and famous people can still afford to buy expensive firearms that stupid rules and regulations have driven up the price on. Average and poor people can't.

Rich and famous people who are caught breaking firearm rules get a pat on the head and are told not to do it again. Average and poor people go to jail.

When the Chicago Bulls were winning multiple championships star player Scottie Pippen was caught with a handgun in his car. He got a minor fine and was sent on his way. What are the odds of that happening to me or you?

Society:(

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011

Another one is Rosie O'donnall in an interview where she ranting about guns should be taken away except flintlocks. Question was asked about security, she said the police where there for that.

Then asked what about her security guards that carry guns and she said that's different, they have a job to do.

Hitler said that if they would have a police force second to none, then there would be no need for the common person to even need a gun for protection. Then they all had to register what guns every house hold owned. Then you what happened next.

Here is another interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtkgoGY4Cm4

Last edited:
    Top Bottom