44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Yeah, in looking at gunbroker, it looks to be a pretty standard price with shipping. I haven't been looking for one and was just comparing to the 1500 prices I saw. Guess I just thought it was a smoking deal.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The nice thing about looking in person is you can do a function check, look at the overall condition, and just don't buy it if it's not 100% satisfactory. And you don't pay shipping or FFL transfer.

So the prices at the 1500 may have been okay, considering...:dunno:

There are some nice deals online, but plenty of way-overpriced guns too.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    The nice thing about looking in person is you can do a function check, look at the overall condition, and just don't buy it if it's not 100% satisfactory. And you don't pay shipping or FFL transfer.

So the prices at the 1500 may have been okay, considering...:dunno:

There are some nice deals online, but plenty of way-overpriced guns too.

You can't function check it at the 1500. You can feel it and rack the slide. The deal I posted included shipping and a laser. It was a full $100+ cheaper than anything similar at the 1500. Yes, you have to pay a $25 transfer fee but you don't have to pay $35 sales tax.

To save $110+ on a $500 gun, I will buy online. To save $25-50 online, I will still choose to spend the extra few bucks and buy at brick and mortar

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You can't function check it at the 1500. You can feel it and rack the slide. The deal I posted included shipping and a laser. It was a full $100+ cheaper than anything similar at the 1500. Yes, you have to pay a $25 transfer fee but you don't have to pay $35 sales tax.

To save $110+ on a $500 gun, I will buy online. To save $25-50 online, I will still choose to spend the extra few bucks and buy at brick and mortar

I think you've got a different definition of function check than is typical. A function check is making sure the basic functions of a firearm work; slide operates freely, hammer is smooth, drops properly when the trigger is pulled. Nothing else.

A functions check is what you typically do after re-assembling a firearm after cleaning/care, to make certain you didn't put it together incorrectly.

Top Bottom