• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well it's been a while since I last updated "ya" on this quest of mine. I did not fall outright off the wagon in JAN 2011 but did take a tumble off and on for the past 3 months. What does that mean? Well I have been counting my calories and have been hitting the 1,700 per day mark most days. As you can guess some days I would be 1,700 others way over (2,000) and then some at 1,500. Needless to say one week I would lose 1 lb, next gain gain 2 lbs, nnext week be 0 gain/loss, etc. In essence the roller coaster ride but in the end in 3 months I gains 4 lbs over all. BAD BOY I know!

On the exercise it too was all over the place. Threadmill one day, nothing for 2 days. Back to basics (push-ups, leg lifts, chin-ups) and then nothing. My body by this point was use to the routine and I noticed it was not a struggle anymore to do 75 push-ups in a row or the leg lifts, etc. So needless to say it was a bit discouraging.

FEB being my birthday I cared less about what I ate. Still stayed to the 1,700 calories intake but was eating bad food. A burger here, cake, sweets, etc. In essence the vitamin intake took a nose dive. But hey It was my party and I could cry if I want to right?

So in MAR i got back off the sweets/bad food & started to do some research on how to jump start my exercise again. Another 30 days of the internal fight of "yeah, I'll do it, I can do it" and we are in APR 2011.

So what finally tossed me over the fence? Simple. "Ya" know I ended up buying new pants size 38 when I finished up last year cause my old pants size 44 were just TOO BIG! Well I got comfortable in them and the end of FEB I began to notice and feel that I was "FAT" again. The pants still fit but just barely. That was what finally got me. It felt like I was in my size 44 pants and busting at the seams. So effective 01 APR 11 I restarted but this time with a few twist. The goal is losing 30 to 40 lbs in 90 days! In order to do that I have dropped my calorie intake to 1500 per day. In addition no more of this 10 min to 1 mile run. From now on it's a MIN 20 mins of running. The first 2 days were a killer! Also I've changed up the routine for the push ups, chin ups, leg lifts as well. In addition per Doctor Oz (yes that TV doc show) you should weight yourself at least weekly to ensure you are on track and keep yourself motivated. So after one week what are my results?

LOSS of 3 lbs! Yeah!!!
    Mind you I'm at 200 lbs now so those 3 lbs were from the 4 I gained. I'll be throwing myself a huge party once I break the 180 barrier. But for now I seem to be well on my track again to hitting my goal of 170 by summer.

Funny story. I do my chin-ups as the last exercise and by that point I'm tired legs, arms, and core wise. I do it this way because this ensures I am doing them the HARDEST way possible when my body is fully tired. I can do 3 3/4 before my arms just fail and I fall off. That is 3 3/4 from a resting position BTW. In any case today I figured let me try doing the chin-ups **BEFORE** I do any of the other stuff when my body is fully at rest. I did 5 before I realized that I had passed that "magical" barrier of 3 3/4 and then I lost concentration and fell off the bar. LOL!!! So what I have been doing **IS** working. =)

I'll be jumping up and down for joy once I can do 10 **AFTER** all my other exercises.

---
    Sorry INGO you never got the NOV 2010 Update 9 post. :(
    Yes it has been a WHILE since I last wrote. SEP 3 was when I completed the end of phase 8 and my 1st year.
    It's been more than 6 weeks since then, 11 weeks for those that are counting.
    So lets see what happened?

Well I went to see the mouse (Disney) in FL right after I finished my last message to you all. I ate like a P-I-G while I was out there for 8 days. Drank pop like if it was going out of style and had every type of junk food, candy, etc. I could eat. Did not count calories or worry about it. What happened? Lost 5 lbs!!!
    How was that possible? Well I was also SICK for 2 days while out there as my body kicked the ****** out of me for feeding it food it was no longer accustom to. I don't recommend this method of lossing weight. LOL!

So after coming back from DISNEY I took a little break. Continued to eat right (no more pop, counting calories but laid off the exercise, veggies lots of them, fruit, and oatmeal). I figured I would re-start in OCT. Then in OCT I finally broke down and bought some new pants waist size 36 cause my other pans (size 44/46) were just way too big. THAT WAS A MISTAKE!!!! You see with the big pants I looked messed up but nobody could see the weight I had taken off (yet). Well with the new pants and shirts that finally fit in I got/have been getting compliments left & rigth for co-workers, family, and even strangers. Plus with a whole lot more muscle defition in the arms/upper shoulders it has not helped. So instead of getting back into the groove of things in OCT like I planned I got "comfortable" with all the new attention and figured I can just continue to count calories and get by. Sad to say yup I "got by" alright. No pain, no gain! The only exercise I continued was the chin-ups every other day and that is really the only bright stop on this report.

Here are the numbers:

Weight: (Goal is 150 to 170 lbs)
    Started @ 222 Lbs
    End of 6 weeks: 213.5 Lbs
    End of 12 weeks: 211.5 Lbs (Only lost 2 Lbs)
    End of 18 weeks: 210 Lbs (Only lost 1.5 Lbs; 13 Total)
    End of 24 weeks: 210 Lbs (NO loss; 13 Lbs Total)
    End of 30 weeks: 213.5 Lbs (GAIN 3.5 Lbs; Total loss 9.5Lbs)
    End of 36 weeks: 213 Lbs (LOSS .5 lbs; Total 10 Lbs)
    End of 42 weeks: 197 Lbs (LOSS 16 Lbs; Total 26 Lbs)
    End of 52 weeks (1 year): 193 lbs (LOSS 4Lbs; Total 30 Lbs)

START YEAR 2: Stage 1: 196 lbs (GAIN 3 lbs; Total 27 Lbs)

Waist (Goal is 34" waist)
    Started @ 46 inches
    End of 6 weeks: 44.5 inches
    End of 12 weeks: 43 inches (1.5 inches lost)
    End of 18 weeks: 42 7/8 inches (7/8 inches lost; 2 inches Total)
    End of 24 weeks: 42 inches (7/8 inches lost; 4 inches Total)
    End of 30 weeks: 43 inches (1 inch GAIN: Total loss 3 inches)
    End of 36 weeks: 41.5 inches (LOSS 1.5 inch: Total loss 3 inches)
    End of 42 weeks: 39 inches (LOSS 2.5 inch: Total loss 5.5 inches)
    End of 52 weeks (1 year): 38" (LOSS 1 inch; Total 8 inches)

START YEAR 2: Stage 1: 39"(GAIN 1 inch; Total 7 inches)

Exercise Bike
    Started @ 15 mins on level 3
    End of 6 weeks: 35 to 50 mins level 5
    End of 12 weeks: 35 to 45 mins level 6 w/ 10 to 15 on level 7
    End of 18 weeks: 30 min level 7
    End of 24 weeks: NO DATA, I broke the bike

Treadmill (Goal = 1.5 miles < 11 mins)
    Started @ mid-way of 4th phase: 12 minutes running time; 1 mile in about 11min 30 sec.
    End of 30 weeks: 10 min = .9 miles; 15 min = 1.2 miles
    End of 36 weeks: 10 min = .89 miles; 17:30 min = 1.5 miles
    End of 42 Weeks: 10 min = .92 miles; 17:20 min = 1.5 miles
    End of 52 weeks (1 year): 1 mile = 9:30 mins; 1.5 mile = 15:30 min

START YEAR 2: Stage 1: NO DATA, NOT USED

Sit-Ups (the goal is 43 in one min)
    Started in phase 4.
    End of 24 weeks: 3 sets of 20
    End of 30 weeks: 3 sets of 20
    End of 36 weeks: no data; not doing right now
    End of 42 Weeks: no data; not doing right now
    End of 52 Weeks (1 year): no data; not doing right now

Push Ups (Goal is 50 push ups in 1 minute)
    Started @ 3 sets of 8
    End of 6 weeks: 3 sets of 15
    End of 12 weeks: 3 sets of 40
    End of 18 weeks: 3 sets of 50 (The GOAL has been met!)
    End of 24 weeks: 3 sets of 30 with 20 lbs on legs
    End of 30 weeks: 3 sets of 30 with 20 lbs on legs
    End of 36 weeks: 3 sets of 30 with 20 lbs on legs
    End of 42 weeks: 3 sets of 40 with 20 lbs on legs
    End of 52 weeks (1 year): 3 sets of 45 with 20 lbs on legs

Leg Lifts (Goal is 50 leg lifts in 1 minute)
    Started @ 3 sets of 10
    End of 6 weeks: 3 sets of 20
    End of 12 weeks: 3 sets of 40
    End of 18 weeks: 3 sets of 50 (The GOAL has been met!)
    End of 24 weeks: 3 sets of 30 with 20 lbs on legs
    End of 30 weeks: 3 sets of 40 with 20 lbs on legs
    End of 36 weeks: 3 sets of 40 with 20 lbs on legs
    End of 42 weeks: 3 sets of 40 with 20 lbs on legs
    End of 52 weeks (1 year): 3 sets of 40 with 20 lbs on legs

Squats
    Started in Phase 6
    End of 36 weeks: 3 sets of 20 with 40lbs
    End of 42 weeks: no data; not doing right now
    End of 52 Weeks (1 year): no data; not doing right now

Piladies Leg Lifts
    End of 42 weeks: 3 sets of 22 with 20 lbs on legs
    End of 52 weeks (1 year): 3 sets of 30 with 20 lbs on legs

Piladies Plank
    End of 52 weeks (1 year): 60 secs

Piladies Back Plank
    End of 52 weeks (1 year): 60 secs

Chin Ups (Goal is 10+ chin ups)
    Started @: N/A
    End of 6 weeks: N/A
    End of 12 weeks: 1/2 chin up (started 1 week ago)
    End of 18 Weeks: 30 seconds phase 1
    End of 24 weeks: 8 Reps @ phase 2
    End of 30 weeks: 10 reps @ phase 2
    End of 36 weeks: 12 reps @ phase 3
    End of 42 weeks: 20 second @ phase 4
    End of 52 weeks (1 year): 5 chin-ups!
    START YEAR 2: Stage 1: 6 chin-ups!
    I followed this program to do my chin-ups.
    How To Do a Chin-Up If You've NEVER Done One Before - A Guide to How To Train to do Your First Chin-Up

---
    ---
    =====
    Older post on my progress

Update 8: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...total_loss_30_lbs_8_inches_off_the_waist.html
    Update 7: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/100219-exercise_update_-_phase_7_a.html
    Update 6: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/93657-exericse_update_-_phase_6_a.html
    Update 5: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/85952-exercise_update_-_phase_5_done.html
    Update 4: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/75933-exercise_update_-_phase_4_done.html
    Poor man's Chin Up Bar: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/59594-poor_man_22_home_made_chin_up_bar.html
    Poor man's 64lb weight: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-7_62x39_wooden_case_of_ammo_is_good_for.html

Top Bottom