• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    My Bro-in-law, a two tour Army Ranger, is looking for a Sig P226. Problem is, he's in MO and I'm here. Believe it or not, he's calling me for advice on handguns...funny how life works. Once he broke the $600 range, I mentioned that he should begin considering "nicer" handguns as he was looking at a Taurus. Nothing against them...just not too familiar.

My question is, what is the going rate for a P226 around here? The prices he told me in MO seemed VERY high. $1000 plus was what he said. Maybe I never paid attention to them as I like compact pistols but that seemed really high.

Please share what you think a P226 should go for here in IN so I can at least advise him on his purchase.

Thanks guys.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Are you talking new?
    I've dealt with Herndon's out of Bloomfield...he'll give you a good price and he's a member. Or check the online sites like gunbroker.com to get a sense of what their asking prices are. Or search the buy/sell section here.

Hope that helps.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    P239 of mine is what got him interested. I love the 239 but he really wants a 226. I think he wants a virgin but I'll run it by him usmcdjb.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My question is, what is the going rate for a P226 around here? The prices he told me in MO seemed VERY high. $1000 plus was what he said.

Depending on which version he was looking at, it's very possible to get into a $1000+ P226.

That said, a garden-variety P226R with night sights would run about $829.95 from us.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    If he doesn't want used, so be it. He's been through hell and back for me so all I'm doing is making sure he doesn't get screwed by being in the wrong part of the country.

I thought MO was a pretty gun friendly state but I'm just making sure for him. It's the least I can do.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    If he doesn't mind used my brother was just telling me Sarco http://e-sarcoinc.com/ had used 226's and used 228's cheap(between $400 & $500) Hand select was like $25 more

**Fixed the link**
    Wanted to add I have not looked for them on this link just posting where he told me they were

Last edited:

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    Depending on which version he was looking at, it's very possible to get into a $1000+ P226.

That said, a garden-variety P226R with night sights would run about $829.95 from us.

FWIW, he was with me last time I was at Bradis to buy a little Ruger .22 to shoot in the back yard. We had a great time and he was very impressed.

Top Bottom