• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    its really safe when u follow directions. You should place it 100yrds and suspend it two feet off the ground. tie it to a stick or hang it from something. if you are shooting it futher away such as 300yrds n further wrap with a layer of duct tape to prevent skipping . 223, 7.62, 22-250, 308, 30-30, or etc will work just fine. a 40cal at 25yrds (which is not suggested) will work also.

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    this is the first time that i have saw one that was for 22's pretty awesome. it does not create a crater like it shows in this video. in the video half of the crater came from the actual round and the other half was because it was loose dirt. if you set it on normal unpacked dirt it barely does anything but the boom sound and a nice cloud. when he shot the 22 version and said that it was impressive it was because it was suspended off the ground. hang 3 lbs inside a 2 liter from a branch 6 feet(always be aware of your backstop) off the ground and it will be very cool.

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    The primary hazard IMO is when someone sets the target near rocks, real hard dirt clods, or other junk that the blast wave might be able to rapidly displace. I have personally been hit in the chest with a flying rock from an exploding target that someone else shot. It was only about 50 yards away, and I saw the rock flying at me but it either happened to fast or I froze... No big problem, just a little bruise, but it could easily go worse I'd imagine. So just keep that mind, be sure that there is nothing near the explosive that might go flying. Other than that, they are pretty safe. If you're using the common store bought targets, they are very, very difficult to accidentally set off. There is practically no worries about that happening. You do have to shoot it the same day you mix the fuel in though, for legal reasons.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That looks cool but im not sure any public range would let you use explosive targets.
    That's probably a good thing since I dont want the guy next to me shooting explosive targets and sending shrapnel in my direction.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Try this sometime!
    When you have a couple of neophytes along on a shooting trip and it happens to be a pretty much windless day, take a quart or 1/2 gallon of unleaded and a candle with you. Put a cartridge in your shirt pocket that the others don't know is in there. Go down range alone, taking the plastic jug with the gas, the candle and a means to light it. Set the jug up in a cleared area, put the candle about 1 1/2 ft. behind it and light it without their knowing it. (You will have already needed to fire a few rounds through a high powered rifle Prior to this...) Get their attention, and take the single cartridge out of your pocket, proclaiming that you will now show them what one of your "HOT" handloads will do. Shoot the gas jug and watch what happens.
    This needs to be don in an unoccupied and weed free location!...Done that about 3 different times....Really impressive!!!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Tannerite rocks! I've set mine off with 30-06 and 7.62x39. I have heard that 17hmr will work but suggest only centerfire as per instructions. Be very careful, this stuff WILL do some damage. I've blown beaver dams with it and anyone thats ever tried to tear through a beaver dam will tell you it's no simple feat. Currently I am preparing to re build my chimney because of a tannerite charge set off too close to the house on Independence Day....the shockwave is amazing, blew the blossoms clean off the neighbors flowers several hundred yards away...Here's a good vid to watch...
    http://youtu.be/2_HRyAG2xqU

Top Bottom