• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Got a call from oncology last night letting us know that the cancer has been classified as Stage 1a. Its about as good as a cancer diagnosis can get, if you can call cancer good. We are grateful that this was found during a routine mammogram, and appears to have been caught early. She has an MRI on Monday morning to see if any surrounding lymph nodes are affected. We should have all the imaging and tests done by the time we meet with a surgeon on the 29th to discuss our options. Praying that we only have to do a lumpectomy and radiation.

Had a discussion with my 2 boys who are still living at home (age 18 and 20) that they are going to need to be chipping in financially. No more snacks in the pantry, or going out to eat. Even though we have a high deductible HSA, there are going to be some serious medical bills coming in, and we will probably be going down to 1 income for a little while while she gets through this. Everyone is on board and willing to do what is necessary.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Got a call from oncology last night letting us know that the cancer has been classified as Stage 1a. Its about as good as a cancer diagnosis can get, if you can call cancer good. We are grateful that this was found during a routine mammogram, and appears to have been caught early. She has an MRI on Monday morning to see if any surrounding lymph nodes are affected. We should have all the imaging and tests done by the time we meet with a surgeon on the 29th to discuss our options. Praying that we only have to do a lumpectomy and radiation.

Had a discussion with my 2 boys who are still living at home (age 18 and 20) that they are going to need to be chipping in financially. No more snacks in the pantry, or going out to eat. Even though we have a high deductible HSA, there are going to be some serious medical bills coming in, and we will probably be going down to 1 income for a little while while she gets through this. Everyone is on board and willing to do what is necessary.
    My wife was diagnosed at state 0 breast cancer over five years ago. She ended up with a lumpectomy, removal of lymph nodes and radiation treatments. So far, she is cancer free. I think that your wife will completely recover. The radiation weakened my wife and negatively affected her hair (some thinning), but it was minor. The lymph node removal has had a slight negative impact, but nothing debilitating. Sounds like you have a support team in place. Everyone needs to do a part so that you don't get overwhelmed. My wife has a lot of pink cancer ribbon items to wear after her last radiation treatment. Some she bought and some were gifts. It keeps her head in a good place wearing the items that shows that she beat it. I think your you and your wife will have a successful race against this and be able to cheer at the finish line!

Top Bottom