• ...and so much more!
  • DepTaylor

Plinker
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Westfield
    Hey guys,

I have my first form 4 submitted for a Kestrel .22 can and now I am ready to do an sbr 9mm and then a can for it.

My question is, do any companies make a short barreled 9mm AR?

I can piece one together, but I like buying complete guns. I am not in a real hurry, so buying a pistol and then adding a stock 6-8 months later is an option, but i don't "need" this in any specific timeframe, but I am ready to get the process started.

Thanks for taking a look at this. Look forward to everyone's input.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    To be honest, if your wanting to build a "dedicated" 9mm AR SBR, you will be much better off building one yourself.

I say this, as since I built mine several years ago, there have been a few nice components I would have used.

For example, instead of using a standard lower, it is now possible to use a lower that has a built in mag-block, and there is a lower that uses Glock mags. Both deserve consideration, IMHO, depending on what your needs are.

Also, and again depending on what your needs are, building it yourself allows you to source the best components with the exact features you want. Barrel length and method of attachment for the suppressor, because you WILL want to suppress it.

bc

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    To be honest, if your wanting to build a "dedicated" 9mm AR SBR, you will be much better off building one yourself.

I say this, as since I built mine several years ago, there have been a few nice components I would have used.

For example, instead of using a standard lower, it is now possible to use a lower that has a built in mag-block, and there is a lower that uses Glock mags. Both deserve consideration, IMHO, depending on what your needs are.

Also, and again depending on what your needs are, building it yourself allows you to source the best components with the exact features you want. Barrel length and method of attachment for the suppressor, because you WILL want to suppress it.

bc

This is the route I went, and am glad I did. My magazines fit much better than they did with a Spikes magwell block, and drop free every time.

DepTaylor

Plinker
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Westfield
    I am planning to do a dedicated 9mm lower. I am not a fan of the blocks.

If I built, I would probably do a dedicated CMMG 9mm lower and then put the upper together the way I wanted.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Might also check out Rock Rivers dedicated lower. One thing I really like about them is you can order every single little piece of the firearm directly on their website if something fails.

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    If you do build I also recommend going with the DDLES lower. I started with a spikes block and it was a difficult to get the gun to work right. I sold the block and got the DDLES lower and have never looked back. It runs like a champ and it also looks awesome. At the time I purchased my DDLES lower the glock option was not available.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I am planning to do a dedicated 9mm lower. I am not a fan of the blocks.

If I built, I would probably do a dedicated CMMG 9mm lower and then put the upper together the way I wanted.

Why not a fan of the blocks? I built mine with a Spike's block in February and it has ran flawless ever since. It's also a good feeling to know that when I SBR it I can remove the block if I want to.

Top Bottom