• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Seems like a good time to bump this thread. Full disclosure: I've never been shot by the Police.

WIBC article is from The Gun Guy's former producer Donnie Burgess.

Religious Group Once Again Calls for IMPD Chief to Resign & DOJ Investigation

In a press release issued Tuesday evening, the Concerned Clergy of Indianapolis and the Baptist Minister’s Alliance point to Tuesday morning’s police shooting of a man in a tree as the latest example of why IMPD’s approach to policing is flawed.

From Fox 59:

(They edited it, earlier the time was 4:20. Seemed appropriate.)

It was shortly after 4 a.m. Tuesday morning that an IMPD officer patrolling a mile away at E. 25th Street and Park Avenue heard gunshots and spotted a dark colored Lincoln Continental speeding eastbound from the scene.

(I'm not a LEO, but this seems suspicious.)

While the officer didn’t initiate a pursuit of the fleeing driver, he did follow the car’s path down 25th Street until he found the vehicle crashed into a fence adjacent to a house at the intersection with Columbia Avenue.

(This seems even more suspicious.)

Minutes later, three IMPD officers spotted the driver in a tree in a backyard a half-block away.

(Again, I've never been shot by the Police. Probably because I've never done any of these things.)

Officers told him not to reach several times and at some point, the suspect made a comment to the point of, ‘I’m going in my pocket, kill me,’ and one officer discharged his firearm striking the suspect. He made several comments to the officers during this several-minute exchange with officers and one of those comments was to shoot him.”

(I keep hearing from the peeved preachers and others that there needs to be more deescalation training. Maybe lock up the violent felons and teach them some deescalation techniques instead of giving them time served and a Lo-Jack. Looks like the LEOs did their part to deescalate, maybe if Demolition Derby Tarzan met them half way he wouldn't have got shot.)

FOX59/CBS4 has determined that the 35-year-old man shot by police once listed the neighborhood as his residential address, was convicted as a serious violent felon in unlawful possession of a firearm and received a sentence of time served and two years of home detention which expired in late 2022.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Seems like a good time to bump this thread. Full disclosure: I've never been shot by the Police.

WIBC article is from The Gun Guy's former producer Donnie Burgess.

Religious Group Once Again Calls for IMPD Chief to Resign & DOJ Investigation

In a press release issued Tuesday evening, the Concerned Clergy of Indianapolis and the Baptist Minister’s Alliance point to Tuesday morning’s police shooting of a man in a tree as the latest example of why IMPD’s approach to policing is flawed.

From Fox 59:

(They edited it, earlier the time was 4:20. Seemed appropriate.)

It was shortly after 4 a.m. Tuesday morning that an IMPD officer patrolling a mile away at E. 25th Street and Park Avenue heard gunshots and spotted a dark colored Lincoln Continental speeding eastbound from the scene.

(I'm not a LEO, but this seems suspicious.)

While the officer didn’t initiate a pursuit of the fleeing driver, he did follow the car’s path down 25th Street until he found the vehicle crashed into a fence adjacent to a house at the intersection with Columbia Avenue.

(This seems even more suspicious.)

Minutes later, three IMPD officers spotted the driver in a tree in a backyard a half-block away.

(Again, I've never been shot by the Police. Probably because I've never done any of these things.)

Officers told him not to reach several times and at some point, the suspect made a comment to the point of, ‘I’m going in my pocket, kill me,’ and one officer discharged his firearm striking the suspect. He made several comments to the officers during this several-minute exchange with officers and one of those comments was to shoot him.”

(I keep hearing from the peeved preachers and others that there needs to be more deescalation training. Maybe lock up the violent felons and teach them some deescalation techniques instead of giving them time served and a Lo-Jack. Looks like the LEOs did their part to deescalate, maybe if Demolition Derby Tarzan met them half way he wouldn't have got shot.)

FOX59/CBS4 has determined that the 35-year-old man shot by police once listed the neighborhood as his residential address, was convicted as a serious violent felon in unlawful possession of a firearm and received a sentence of time served and two years of home detention which expired in late 2022.

The good reverends need to strap up and go face these people ("their people") like the police do.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I'm so tired of this upside down argument from feckless clergy. They've handed over their authority to woke mobs and should have tossed those titles in the trash when they stopped shepherding their flock.

All this crap does is tell LEO's NOT to act when they hear gunshots, don't 'police', don't investigate, when someone is speeding away from the sound of gunshot's at 4am... Just keep on rollin', there's nothing to see here unless you want to get suspended or loose your job or have your family threatened or a mob in the city screaming injustice...just keep rollin' and put those blinders on, there's nothing [you want] to see here. What a load of absolute crap.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No word from the 3P Group (Perpetually Peeved Preachers) as of yet.

Basically a crazy person was trespassed from a motel, ran to Burger King. Fought Police, got shot. Sounds like things went real bad real fast. Glad the LEO is recovering.

@Denny347 this sounds like your lane with the tactics involved. Any insight is always appreciated.

Suspect killed, IMPD officer injured in shooting on Indy’s east side

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No word from the 3P Group (Perpetually Peeved Preachers) as of yet.

Basically a crazy person was trespassed from a motel, ran to Burger King. Fought Police, got shot. Sounds like things went real bad real fast. Glad the LEO is recovering.

@Denny347 this sounds like your lane with the tactics involved. Any insight is always appreciated.

Suspect killed, IMPD officer injured in shooting on Indy’s east side

It was my day off...ugh. I HATE not being there. But, the officer involved trains ALL THE TIME for this scenario. He's been around the block and long time firearms instructor. The suspect managed to remove the officer's pistol from the holster and fire it, striking the officer in the leg. The officer keeps a .38 in easy reach of his support hand. He drew and fired. At the range, he qualifies with the back-up by drawing it from the exact place he carries it. I won't go into detail about exactly where other than it was NOT on his ankle. I carry my .38 the same way. He's doing ok. The news says it was a "graze" but it is more serious than that. He'll be ok though. He's a tough cookie and I'm glad the newer officers have someone like him to model after. There was another officer with him, fighting the suspect. However, your back-up could literally be 2 feet from you and it is STILL "you vs. the bad guy".

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It was my day off...ugh. I HATE not being there. But, the officer involved trains ALL THE TIME for this scenario. He's been around the block and long time firearms instructor. The suspect managed to remove the officer's pistol from the holster and fire it, striking the officer in the leg. The officer keeps a .38 in easy reach of his support hand. He drew and fired. At the range, he qualifies with the back-up by drawing it from the exact place he carries it. I won't go into detail about exactly where other than it was NOT on his ankle. I carry my .38 the same way. He's doing ok. The news says it was a "graze" but it is more serious than that. He'll be ok though. He's a tough cookie and I'm glad the newer officers have someone like him to model after. There was another officer with him, fighting the suspect. However, your back-up could literally be 2 feet from you and it is STILL "you vs. the bad guy".
    Thank you Denny. Since this is INGO I must ask, was the.38 a J-frame S&W?

Top Bottom