• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I wanted to build a Glock 19 sized gun that was lighter and more premium WITHOUT having it look too "Gucci" with speed holes and gold gadgets stuck to it.

This is what I came up with.
    IMG_20220303_034110_607.jpg
    IMG_20220303_034115_406.jpg
    IMG_20220303_034120_147.jpg
    IMG_20220303_034123_220.jpg
    IMG_20220303_034127_274.jpg
    The top end is a Strike Industries Liteslide and ARK barrel paired with a polymer OEM spring. Nicely topped with those Hackathorn sights that seem to help me aquire faster.

Internals are Lone Wolf, NO MIM PARTS! Locking block, striker, and extractor are all solid 17-4 Stainless with high polish.

100 round break in went great. With mixed junk ammo I got it to print 10 shots in 2 inches standing at 10 yards. The balance is great, handles better than a standard 19. The weight is just under the point where I notice it, so all day OWB carry is a breeze. I'm very happy with how this project turned out.

Last edited:

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    As an update to this thread and build....
    Spent the last year shooting the Strike 19 as I like to call it. Carried it on average 3 times a week. Took it out on about a dozen range trips and it saw probably 500 rounds of ammo id estimate.

The only bug I had to work out was a random ejection pattern, not normally a huge deal but what it lead to was a failure to eject about once every 100 rounds.

Come to find out the rather expensive billet stainless one I original used was causing this.
    Switching to a standard extractor was the cure.

Other than that, I keep getting tempted by other carry guns. I'm open to change but none have convinced me yet. Perhaps its a testimate to how well this build turned out for now.

Anyone else have similar issues with glock ejection?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Glad to see another SI fan.

I've been using some of their AR products especially the flat buffer springs. So far no complaints with the quality.

How much weight did you shave off from the original Glock 19?

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.

I've been using some of their AR products especially the flat buffer springs. So far no complaints with the quality.

I love their flat AR spring! Totally improves the feel of my lightweight 14.5 carbine.

This build came out to being about 2 oz lighter than a standard 19. Doesn’t sound like much (~10% less) but it’s quite noticeable when you have both in front of you.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I love their flat AR spring! Totally improves the feel of my lightweight 14.5 carbine.

This build came out to being about 2 oz lighter than a standard 19. Doesn’t sound like much (~10% less) but it’s quite noticeable when you have both in front of you.
    That's quite a bit considering they are only 21-22oz to begin with.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.

The postal scale at the shop is a little off from the one I have at the house. Comes in a little lighter than I thought
    IMG_3501.jpeg
    For comparison, my G22 converted to 9mm
    IMG_3509.jpeg
    The weight savings comes mostly from the fluted barrel and the optics cut.
    IMG_3504.jpeg
    IMG_3505.jpeg
    However… I found that choosing lighter weight ammo also has a noticeable effect. Magtech 95 JSP compared to Speer Gold Dot 124. Saves bout another ounce.
    IMG_3503.jpeg
    IMG_3502.jpeg
    It’s kinda nit picky to most but when I get set on a build it’s hard to deviate from the goal

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    As an update to this thread and build....
    Spent the last year shooting the Strike 19 as I like to call it. Carried it on average 3 times a week. Took it out on about a dozen range trips and it saw probably 500 rounds of ammo id estimate.

The only bug I had to work out was a random ejection pattern, not normally a huge deal but what it lead to was a failure to eject about once every 100 rounds.

Come to find out the rather expensive billet stainless one I original used was causing this.
    Switching to a standard extractor was the cure.

Other than that, I keep getting tempted by other carry guns. I'm open to change but none have convinced me yet. Perhaps its a testimate to how well this build turned out for now.

Anyone else have similar issues with glock ejection?
    Yes, ejection pattern is an issue. It’s the ejector more than likely. 47208 ejector will place that brass out at about 3:30-4 and not in your face too. Super cheap fix.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Yes, ejection pattern is an issue. It’s the ejector more than likely. 47208 ejector will place that brass out at about 3:30-4 and not in your face too. Super cheap fix.
    I’ve heard this in the past. The ejector that came with my kit was the curved right Gen 3 type ejector and it sucked. I changed it thinking that was the issue, helped a little but didn’t fully fix the problem.

One I’ve got now is the twisted clockwise gen 4 type. It’s good to go. I think it’s the same as the one you listed.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Having built a few P80’s, I’ve run into this issue more than once. The Gen3 lower kit came with Gen3 ejectors. There is a builder that says to only purchase milled extractors. I’ve found this to be a good suggestion.
    Speaking of extraction, a funny thing happened today. I mounted a new Hi-Lux TD-3C on this pistol. The screw on that side of the slide was just a tad long. I didn’t notice it till I went to the range. The extractor spring rod had a tad of pressure on it and it was stove-piping bad. Something I’ve never had happen before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      673.2 KB · Views: 4
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      698.7 KB · Views: 4

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Having built a few P80’s, I’ve run into this issue more than once. The Gen3 lower kit came with Gen3 ejectors. There is a builder that says to only purchase milled extractors. I’ve found this to be a good suggestion.
    Speaking of extraction, a funny thing happened today. I mounted a new Hi-Lux TD-3C on this pistol. The screw on that side of the slide was just a tad long. I didn’t notice it till I went to the range. The extractor spring rod had a tad of pressure on it and it was stove-piping bad. Something I’ve never had happen before.
    Good knowledge for my toolbox. Will check the extractor spring if getting stove pipes.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The postal scale at the shop is a little off from the one I have at the house. Comes in a little lighter than I thought
    View attachment 274167
    View attachment 274169
    View attachment 274171
    View attachment 274172
    However… I found that choosing lighter weight ammo also has a noticeable effect. Magtech 95 JSP compared to Speer Gold Dot 124. Saves bout another ounce.
    View attachment 274174
    View attachment 274175
    It’s kinda nit picky to most but when I get set on a build it’s hard to deviate from the goal
    To be fair, a G22 and standard G19 are not apples to apples in specs and weight.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    To be fair, a G22 and standard G19 are not apples to apples in specs and weight.
    Right. (according to the web) Standard 19 weighs 21.5 oz without mag. Strike 19 comes in 2.5 oz lighter.

I don’t have a standard 19 here to weigh so you get to see the worn out police glock for comparison :dunno:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    View attachment 274167
    View attachment 274169
    View attachment 274171
    View attachment 274172
    View attachment 274174
    View attachment 274175
    Very nice.
    I'm going to work on making a light weight AR it's on my project list. I just need the barrel and I'll be be able to finish it up.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    As an update to the thread. I’ve come to believe that something is just a little off with the alignment of the barrel and slide on this. Not enough to matter, but just enough to bother somebody who is a selective perfectionist. The build is still pretty good, but it can better!

I got tired of the 12 o clock hold and swapped sights thinking they were the issue. Nope, no such luck. So I ended up having to shorten the front sight to be able to get the 6 o clock hold that I enjoy.

I’ll post the pics of how I did it but there is a dedicated thread with description for those interested.
    IMG_5297.jpeg
    IMG_5298.jpeg
    IMG_5299.jpeg
    IMG_5300.jpeg
    IMG_5301.jpeg
    IMG_5302.jpeg
    IMG_5303.jpeg
    IMG_5304.jpeg
    IMG_5306.jpeg
    IMG_5307.jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom