• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    It's Father's Day weekend.
    Let's see pics of you and your dad (any era).
    Go.

filmclip11_zps4e3863ad.jpg

6ad2a33f-e2fd-46ab-a53b-892de89373a6_zps70d03700.jpg

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Please don't mistake this comment as devaluing any pics already posted or that will be posted... I wanted to post a reply that complied with the OP's request. I didn't realize how hard that would be. It seems there are very few pics in existence of my father and I together. Since there have been no other responses so far, it's likely that may be the case for others as well. This certainly does not mean that I spent no time with my father as I am sure it is the same for many others. I can only conclude that many father's must value experiences over photos. As a father myself, I can say that many of us are known to attempt to be less than sentimental on the outside while being quite different in reality. We can also be dolts at times, not realizing how valuable those photos could be as future memories. Now that I think about it, I realize I am guilty of the same thing with my own children. Today I was admiring some of the first available photos of my daughter's wedding last weekend. One of them was of my lovely daughter and I together. I'm ashamed to say that photos of the two of us together are far too rare.

I don't want this to be a threadjack. I just felt the need to express these thoughts on the issue. Hopefully there will be some posts showing fathers that were smarter than me and took more photos of themselves with their children. I regret that I don't have more. However, I certainly don't regret having the marvelous opportunity to be a father to two great kids.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I'm ashamed to say that photos of the two of us together are far too rare.

A lot of it has to do with technology growing up. I also dont have many pictures from my youth, I'm 31 so we didnt have camera phones in my formative years and now I live in a different state. Im sure if you had a digital camera in your pocket when she was a kid youd have tons of them. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Ive got a bunch of pics of my kids now, but I'm also typing this on an ipad. If the boy did something cute it'd take me 2 secs to capture it and send it to the cloud forever.

i also appologize if this is viewed as threadjacking.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Don't misunderstand... My pics are blurry because they are just "paused" 16mm film frames from somebody else's movies. I don't have many actual photos that were purposely taken either.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Please don't mistake this comment as devaluing any pics already posted or that will be posted... I wanted to post a reply that complied with the OP's request. I didn't realize how hard that would be. It seems there are very few pics in existence of my father and I together. Since there have been no other responses so far, it's likely that may be the case for others as well. This certainly does not mean that I spent no time with my father as I am sure it is the same for many others. I can only conclude that many father's must value experiences over photos. As a father myself, I can say that many of us are known to attempt to be less than sentimental on the outside while being quite different in reality. We can also be dolts at times, not realizing how valuable those photos could be as future memories. Now that I think about it, I realize I am guilty of the same thing with my own children. Today I was admiring some of the first available photos of my daughter's wedding last weekend. One of them was of my lovely daughter and I together. I'm ashamed to say that photos of the two of us together are far too rare.

I don't want this to be a threadjack. I just felt the need to express these thoughts on the issue. Hopefully there will be some posts showing fathers that were smarter than me and took more photos of themselves with their children. I regret that I don't have more. However, I certainly don't regret having the marvelous opportunity to be a father to two great kids.

This. And thanks for stating as you did, supr.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Wow!! A eye opening thread!! Maybe it's the era in which we are from. I have very few pics of me and dad. But tons of me and my kids. Going to dads house in a few days, taking my camera with me, Thanks to JetGirl for opening some eyes!!! I hope everyone has a great Fathers Day, and I hope some AWSOME pics are taking today!!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Wow! This thread really got me thinking. I have a few pictures of my Dad around here somewhere, mostly from when he was in the army, but, other than maybe a shot from a family reunion years ago, I don't recall ever seeing a photo of just me and my Dad. Dad died in 1979, when I was 13, so as has already been stated, no cell phone cams back then.

But anyway, here's me and the wife with 3 of our 4 kids.
    5dffc9e3.jpg

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Same with me. I have a bunch of old family slides that my brother converted to jpegs and looked through them and could find not one with just me and my dad. In my case, since my dad was the main picture taker in our family, he's not in very many of our old family pics. You can tell mom wasn't the master photographer because any pictures that included dad are fuzzy, or dark, or the top of everyone's head is cut off.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Circa 1982 or 1983 based on my younger sister still being in the stroller. We had a great day today with Dad and all the kids and grandkids. It is so much fun to see my girls have fun with "Papaw" and see him having fun just like he did when we were that age.

Top Bottom