• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    “Men are never manlier than when they are tender with their children – whether holding ababy in their arms, loving their grade-schooler, or hugging their teenager or adult children.” ~ Kent Hughes

Exodus 20:12“Honor your father and your mother that your days may be prolonged in the land, which the Lord your God gives you.”

You know,these past few days on Facebook, I have read many tributes to fathers who are no longer with us. They are memories of days gone by that bring us joy and happiness. For some though, those memories may not be as pleasurable as others. I am a blessed man because I had a father who cared for and loved me.

If your father is still alive and on this earth and you have not seen or spoken with him lately, you should. Don’t wait for him to contact you! YOU need to take the first step and make the effort. There are too many of us out here who would give practically anything to spend just a few minutes with their father just one more time. A tribute and a memory can only be spoken of is if it actually happened folks! Don’t EVER take your parents for granted because one day they will be gone and regret is a terrible thing to live with.

Personally, Father’s Day isn’t always an easy day for me since my father went home to be with the Lord. My wife and I do not have children and that’s OK, we are blessed with so many beautiful nieces and nephews who love us and that means the world to us.We love them so very much. There is still a twinge sometimes though that makes me wish I was a Dad.

If you are a father, see to it that your children speak highly of you. Leave a good legacy for them so that once you are gone, they can tell their children what a great man you were. IT’S NOT TOO LATE! Life is too short to look back and wish things had gone differently. Don’t let pride on either side of this parent/child relationship get in the way!

Be blessed, be a blessing!
    Happy Father's Day to all Dads out there!

263844_234901019857024_100000113832960_1136470_2735341_n.jpg

Rob't L. "Stony" Hodson
    I love and miss you Dad!

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I lost my Dad several years ago as well. You're right, Father's Day can be bittersweet at times. I mentioned this in another thread but it seems even more appropriate here. He was technically my "step-dad", but to me it never mattered. Any functional male can help create a child, but it takes a real dad to build a man. That's what my dad did for me and I'll be forever grateful.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    This is always a bittersweet day for me as well. My dad passed away January 17,1999. Dad taught me how to hunt, shoot, fish,enjoy the outdoors as well as how to be a man. I never got the chance to tell him how much he meant to me and I regret that often. I made sure to not make the same mistake with my mother who passed away this past December. I am blessed with two sons whom I have been able to pass some of these things onto. Hopefully his ideals live on throgh them.

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in the paths of rightousness for His names sake...Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over...Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Thanks dad, I love you and I miss you more than I can say.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    This is always a bittersweet day for me as well. My dad passed away January 17,1999. Dad taught me how to hunt, shoot, fish,enjoy the outdoors as well as how to be a man. I never got the chance to tell him how much he meant to me and I regret that often. I made sure to not make the same mistake with my mother who passed away this past December. I am blessed with two sons whom I have been able to pass some of these things onto. Hopefully his ideals live on throgh them.

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in the paths of rightousness for His names sake...Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over...Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Thanks dad, I love you and I miss you more than I can say.

Well said! Thank you for sharing!

pill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    Mcguire AFB NJ
    luckily i still have my father ... unfortunetly im in the military well not unfortunetly becuase i love serving my country but ive spent alot of time away from him but we make the best out of what we can

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My dad passed away on May 25, 1979. He went in the hospital on my 13th birthday. There has not been a day go by since then that I don't think about him. He was a great father, hard worker, and good man. My kids never got to meet him. Thanks for posting, I had not thought much about him yet today, and reading FJ48s post brought back a lot of memories.

Top Bottom