• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    To all who are lucky enough to still be able to tell their father "Happy Father's Day" please please please make sure you do everything you can to let him know how much you love him. Life is too short, and before you know it, if you don't say it now, you might not be able to say it next year.

I was lucky enough to spend the last 15 years watching my father, a WWII hero and true rocket scientist age and slowly lose the battle to Father Time. I am so glad I always took the time to visit as much as possible. When he left this Earth last February, as much as he will be missed, I am so thankful that I took him out to dinner as often as possible, thanked him for what he did for not only me but this great country.

I am not lucky enough to be able to spend Father's Day with my father anymore, but when I do visit his final resting place, the sound of taps still filters through the air.

To everyone lucky to still be able to say "Hi Dad", make sure you give him an extra hug and tell him how important he really is!!!!

Top Bottom