• billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    RCBS Cast..

I cast out 148gr. Double Ended WC with a RCBS mould, using straight wheel weight lead. I lube them with Jakes Red, and charge them up to around 800fps. It has been good to me with my .38's+.357's. I size them to .359" and do not get a leading problem.
    If you were to buy hard cast, Missouri Bullet Co. is excellent also. Brad, and his people at MBC are GREAT people to deal with+ULTRA fast shipping. Just my :twocents:'s worth..Bill.:dunno:

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    I cast out 148gr. Double Ended WC with a RCBS mould, using straight wheel weight lead. I lube them with Jakes Red, and charge them up to around 800fps. It has been good to me with my .38's+.357's. I size them to .359" and do not get a leading problem.
    If you were to buy hard cast, Missouri Bullet Co. is excellent also. Brad, and his people at MBC are GREAT people to deal with+ULTRA fast shipping. Just my :twocents:'s worth..Bill.:dunno:

Thanks! I'll give Missouri Bullet Co. a call and order some bullets to test. Be fun to make my own bullets but I have no time and need around 3000 to shoot ASAP.

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    Not positive on double Ended wadcutters however 2.7 grains of PB behind a. 148 grain hollow base wadcutter is about as good as it gets. I would likley start at about 3 grains of pb with a dewc as to get the bullet to seal the bore. I also would not want to use a real hard alloy at these low velocitys. Too hard of a bullet can lead as bad as too soft of a bullet.

Top Bottom