• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Okay, yesterday I dropped by the range while my son was driving (drivers ed) and thought I would shoot a quick box of 50. I picked up some CHEAP Federal Ammo.....and off I went.

by the 3rd round fired....I could no longer see the target.....it was like shooting a an old black powder muzzleloader....

Now, this range has a state of the art vent system....I have shot there many times, and I have NEVER seen smoke like this.

I went home and cleaned my gun, and I could believe the amount of SOOT that it had. The magazine was FILLED.

I am going back to my Winchester Ammo........it's cheap...AND it fires clean....

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Okay, yesterday I dropped by the range while my son was driving (drivers ed) and thought I would shoot a quick box of 50. I picked up some CHEAP Federal Ammo.....and off I went.

by the 3rd round fired....I could no longer see the target.....it was like shooting a an old black powder muzzleloader....

Now, this range has a state of the art vent system....I have shot there many times, and I have NEVER seen smoke like this.

I went home and cleaned my gun, and I could believe the amount of SOOT that it had. The magazine was FILLED.

I am going back to my Winchester Ammo........it's cheap...AND it fires clean....

I use the cheap Federal 9mm from Wally World all of the time and have never noticed more smoke from it? I have seen a few Tula rounds that I thought was smokey, but never Federal.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I also use federal alot when I dont feel like reloadin or just need new brass and the smoke doesnt seem near as bad as you described.. When I do reload I usually use bullseye and you wanna talk out some black dirty smoke...Haha.

Top Bottom