• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W3s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Any overturned weapon ban is a win. There are so many laws I have never understood, butterfly knives being one of them. What makes them more dangerous than any other knife? Oh... I suppose they are more dangerous TO THE USER if used recklessly... so wouldn't that punishment (injuring oneself) fit the "crime"?
    Anyways, here's to hoping more unlawful bans get overturned

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Any overturned weapon ban is a win. There are so many laws I have never understood, butterfly knives being one of them. What makes them more dangerous than any other knife? Oh... I suppose they are more dangerous TO THE USER if used recklessly... so wouldn't that punishment (injuring oneself) fit the "crime"?
    It is hard to overstate how much Hollywood crap has affected arms laws. The sheeple think a “silencer” goes pfttt, a machine gun shoots endlessly magically never needing reloading. I have been watching shows from the 50’s and it is amazing to see the portrayals of various weapons.

I love the Snap-On ”silencer” with nothing to secure it at all.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I thought Ohio and Kentucky consider their licenses to include carry of knives? I know Florida has one of the weirdest laws on carrying a knife vs carrying a pistol. I found out 20 years sgo while snorkeling with my H1 steel folding Spyderco.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Mike nailed it on the head. They were used by scary people in movies, just like switchblades, and shuriken.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Mike nailed it on the head. They were used by scary people in movies, just like switchblades, and shuriken.
    And we probably should add the tabloid press of the time made every crime and weapon into the crime of the century and the weapons menacing…

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Every time I carry a switchblade I break out into song and dance about being a “jet all the way, from my first cigarette to my last dying day!”

• Haha
    Reactions: KLB

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Can you imagine liberals saying no one needs a knife that big, or knives like that are weapons of war as such no one should own them.

How many states have knife size laws on the books? I think even IN does. 3 1/2". I was surprised by knife laws back in the 80s when I wanted a Rambo knife :)

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    How many states have knife size laws on the books? I think even IN does. 3 1/2". I was surprised by knife laws back in the 80s when I wanted a Rambo knife :)
    Most do. Indiana onloy seems to ban "ballistic" knives and those evil throwing stars. Switchblades are GTG IIRC, and no restriction based on length.

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    I thought throwing stars were legalized again this past Summer.
    It sounds like there are a lot of restrictions. Maybe just legal for those ax throwing businesses

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Indiana does not. HOWEVER, places such as courthouses have length restrictions, e.g. Tippecanoe County 2.5"

►Tippecanoe County Ordinance: 2000-53-CM

3. "Deadly weapon" is defined as follows: A. A loaded or unloaded firearm, B. A weapon, device, instrument, material, or substance, animate or inanimate, that is used for, or is readily capable of, causing death or serious bodily injury, except that such term does not include a pocket knife with a blade of less than 21 h inches in length.

Federal property, e.g. Camp Atterbury, also has restrictions.

Carry 1, 2, a dozen Rambo knives and you are good (courthouses, school property still no go zones).

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It sounds like there are a lot of restrictions. Maybe just legal for those ax throwing businesses

That's even dumber than just having them illegal. What a waste of time and resources.

Top Bottom