• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Finally a convert, I have been trying to convince my next door neighbor for 10 years to become a gun owner. He was never against guns, just didn't see a need for them. Yeah I know, but wait. He calls me yesterday and said he had done something I never thought he would do. I first thought, SOB he got married. Nope he informs me he not only did he buy a gun he bought two handguns. A Glock 30 and a Taurus revolver, both used. He didn't know the model number of the wheel gun but knew it was a .357 mag.

I didn't press him for details but assured him he now needed to get a LTCH so he could carry them and some range time in so he would be able to handle said handguns safely. He says he is ready for the range, just needs to find the time for it.

I'm going to stay on him to get his LTCH and train with his new weapons. :popcorn:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's great!

You are a good neighbor. :)

You should also school him about gun laws (carry laws, use of force laws, etc).
    I see many LTCH holder who have no knowledge of the law, not even knowing there they can and cannot carry.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That's great!

You are a good neighbor. :)

You should also school him about gun laws (carry laws, use of force laws, etc).
    I see many LTCH holder who have no knowledge of the law, not even knowing there they can and cannot carry.

That will come. I hope he also gets the bug to get on INGO and do some reading. This is a great community and will help him take gun ownership to heart.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Good to hear. Keep after him on getting out and shooting with you, so that you can teach him about safe handling. You don't want him to shove a loaded pistol down the front of his pants... we know how that one ends.

Top Bottom