• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I bought a used Savage model 16 300 WSM several years ago. I never could get the gun to shoot consistent with any factory ammo. At nearly $2.50 per round, experimenting was getting expensive. That's when I decided to start handloading. Over the years I've upgraded the stock, rings/base, and scope. Well after several loads I've finally found it. 168gr Nosler over 62gr of H414. 1" groups at 100 yds. That's pretty good for me with my eyesight. Now I can finally make up some quantity. Good day for me!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    If you haven't done it, play with the charge weight up and down in .1 grains to find the node it likes. After that, play with the seating depth and find what it likes.
    Glad you find something that it likes so far

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    If you haven't done it, play with the charge weight up and down in .1 grains to find the node it likes. After that, play with the seating depth and find what it likes.
    Glad you find something that it likes so far
    I've tried 61 through 65 gr's at .5 increments. I was surprised at the difference in consistency. I'm not a very good bench shooter and it's a hunting rifle. I'm officially done with this round. It's programmed in to my chargemaster and logged in my notebook.

Top Bottom