Finally did it. Count down begins for my first can.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Congrats OP!!! I've been wanting a can for a good while, both in 9mm and 5.56. Keep saving my $$$ then life burns it, now I am stuck on saving for a can or training. Leaning towards some training but one of these days... Lol

I was in the "one of these days" boat for several years. If I had to chose between training or a can I'd probably pick training. I'd rather be trained without a can then untrained and have a cool can. Just my two cents.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Ok, it's been driving me nutts that I haven't seen the $-200 show up in my account so I started flipping through bank statements online. Somehow it must have slipped past me when watching for it online, but the statement showed it being cashed on 4-23. I'm actually pretty impressed since that's within about a week of my putting the check and paperwork in the mail. I don't know if that information means anything to anyone, but now you know.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Ok, it's been driving me nutts that I haven't seen the $-200 show up in my account so I started flipping through bank statements online. Somehow it must have slipped past me when watching for it online, but the statement showed it being cashed on 4-23. I'm actually pretty impressed since that's within about a week of my putting the check and paperwork in the mail. I don't know if that information means anything to anyone, but now you know.
    They are always quick to take your money.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Yeah, they cashed my check for a Form 1 I sent back in May in less than a week. It's still going to take 10 months or so to get the stamp back.

firefighter4884

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Evansville
    Yeah as far as the 22lr used go my savage mark II fvsr has a heavy barrel and could support the weight of the kestral, my m&p 22 has such a paper thin barrel I don't think it'd be a good idea to put that much weight on the end of the barrel. I think in a year from now I'll probably look at a heavy barreled river mark III with a thread barrel.

Next can on the list is going to be a .30 cal.

I'm not sure on the specifics of your can, but I currently have one of the M-47 suppressors from SAS and I mount it on my M&P 15-22 on a regular basis. I've also been known to put the suppressor on my Bushmaster Gas Piston AR and my Tavor.

Once you start, you'll be hooked for life, and shooting the gun suppressed will spoil you for shooting without one...

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Update: I called the NFA at 304-616-4500 and the lady said I'd have it in January. Of course I'd love to have it sooner, but it could always be worse too.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    UPDATE: I got the phone call today. The paperwork is in and I can go pick it up and bring my new baby home. It's a very pleasant surprise since I was last told by the Feds that it'd be January before the paperwork was all done.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Congrats!! :rockwoot:I have wanted a suppressor for years and started to look at them the other day again. The main reason I keep putting it off is that I mainly shoot at a public range that requires ear protection so having a suppressed weapon kind of defeats the purpose there. We are planning on getting a place in the country in 3-5 years and would definitely want one then. A suppressed AR or AK would be amazing to own and shoot.

Top Bottom