• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Well took out the mosin today. Was shooting at 100yrds and it was all over the place. No matter were i set the scope seemed it didnt really help that much. Almost every round was low right. Only way I could bring it center was move the sniper rectile in the scope left(very frustrating day shooting:() Although I was just using surp ammo, and just a Nc star scope, But DANG should it really be that hard to hit center,lol

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I was hitting 6" steel plate at 300 yards consistently on my M38 with scope. Maybe ditch it and grab a new one???

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    When you buy a scope it is worth spending money for a good quality one in my opinion. My guess is that is why you are so frustrated with your weapon. But I'm just guessing. Good luck.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    If you shot the way I did yesterday, you should just work on breathing, not being shakey, and practice that trigger pull.

Glad to hear you got out and got some range time though!

picture.php

Last edited:

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    When you buy a scope it is worth spending money for a good quality one in my opinion. My guess is that is why you are so frustrated with your weapon. But I'm just guessing. Good luck.

Yup, bad optics are gonna do that to ya. You could remove the scope then try it with the open sights, remove some of the variables.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Ditch the scope and start at 25yrds then go to 50yrds and so on with the irons to get a feel of where its hitting. Mosins usually are pretty accurate for a WWII battle rifle...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The scope may be the problem,but I think it is your mount.Is that the mount that replaces the rear sight? I have had one of these and it lost the zero after every round went down range no matter what I tried.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The scope may be the problem,but I think it is your mount.Is that the mount that replaces the rear sight? I have had one of these and it lost the zero after every round went down range no matter what I tried.

Nah its the one that is drilled an tapped to the reciver housing from ATI

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Are they all that bad?, I was thinking about getting one of those, might have to rethink that.....

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The mount is bolted to the reciver housing, It is very solid, I dont thin that would be it. It very well could be the scope, though. Ill have to check into it an see what I come up with. May have to end up getting a more expensive scope.

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Nah its the one that is drilled an tapped to the reciver housing from ATI
    I had the same problem. Turns out the holes for the mount where not in line with the barrel when they where drilled by the suppossed machinist I had drill them.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I had the same problem. Turns out the holes for the mount where not in line with the barrel when they where drilled by the suppossed machinist I had drill them.

Your right never thought of that. Im going to put the stock sights back on her an see how that does. I think that sould narrow the problem down a bit.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Are they all that bad?, I was thinking about getting one of those, might have to rethink that.....

I have personal experience with the Darrell's scope mount and it is rock solid. It s been moved around on several rifles during accuracy testing and it still holds zero. Just about everybody who has tried the el cheapos has had nothing but trouble out of them. The Darrell's is expensive, but they're worth it. Also I've seen many good comments made on the mount made by IIRC S&K.

Top Bottom