• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    ....but just dry fired.

But, I did buy one today! I was at lunch and just got a wild hair, decided if the LGS had it in stock I was buying it. I have been salivating over them for awhile now, and just didn't want to hear the wife complain about me buying it. She doesn't care for guns, why do I need them, blah blah blah.... and she also wants to take our money with her when she dies instead of spending some LOL.

Anyway, can't wait to fire it, hopefully get a chance this weekend.

Oh, and apparently I bought the gun from the future... the fired shell envelope is dated 6/4/13. I hope it isn't illegal to buy them this way :D

Now for a holster, and probably should at least get one 7 round mag.

michelob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I love mine, too! You'll love it. It fires smoothly and accurately for such a small piece. You can easily CC with an IWB in just a t-shirt.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    ....but just dry fired.

But, I did buy one today! I was at lunch and just got a wild hair, decided if the LGS had it in stock I was buying it. I have been salivating over them for awhile now, and just didn't want to hear the wife complain about me buying it. She doesn't care for guns, why do I need them, blah blah blah.... and she also wants to take our money with her when she dies instead of spending some LOL.

Oh, and apparently I bought the gun from the future... the fired shell envelope is dated 6/4/13. I hope it isn't illegal to buy them this way :D

Cool gun, Id like to shoot one.

The date is in day-month-year.

My XD9 sc date is 21-09-2012

Jimmy

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Cool gun, Id like to shoot one.

The date is in day-month-year.

My XD9 sc date is 21-09-2012

Jimmy

Oh, Thanks! BTW, I hate when things are dated that way LOL. Couple tech writers at work always do it and I just roll my eyes:rolleyes:

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    The pistols are made in Croatia. In that country and the countries of the former Yugoslavia the date comes first then the month followed by the year. In America the month is written first. Over there today is 17/5/2013.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    The pistols are made in Croatia. In that country and the countries of the former Yugoslavia the date comes first then the month followed by the year. In America the month is written first. Over there today is 17/5/2013.

in civilian america its written with the month first....in the military its 17 may 2013

17/5/2013...etc just like it is overseas....just like with the time they go 1300 instead of 1pm

btw i have an XD-9 and love it.....im sure the XDs is just as good

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Like most of the other posts, I love mine. It goes with me every day. Let us know what you think after you shoot it. Have fun.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    ....but just dry fired.

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Congrats man. I sold my XDS about two months ago to buy a Kimber Crimson Carry Ultra. My motivation was to have an identical manual of arms with my primary home defense handgun. While I love the Kmber and have no intention to ever sell it, I am probably going to buy another XDS. I am starting to miss the greater concealability of XDS as the weather gets warmer. Though, if I do this I will probably pick up a full size XDM for home defense.

My only observation about the XDS is I did not like the 7 round mag. Oddly my accuracy decreased

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I like mine.

Wasn't going to buy any more poly guns, gonna stick to metal, especially in the revolver type form, but I couldn't resist this little .45. So far, I am very pleased with it. If you can live the the relatively low capacity, it is hard to beat as a concealment pistol.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Well, today I pulled the trigger and it went bang, about 50 times... I love it.

I am much more accurate with this at 10 yards than my LC9, even having put a couple hundred rounds through the 9. And the 9 has the pinky extension, and I added a Pachmayr Grip Glove because I just felt I couldn't hang onto it as well, too skinny. The XDs feels good in my hand as is. I think most of my accuracy between the two is the trigger difference...the LC9 just has such a long pull.

Holding them against each other the XDs is barely larger, it mostly looks bigger because it is not as rounded off as the LC9. The biggest difference I feel is the weight, but I had it holstered with the included paddle today out on a motorcycle ride, and walking around a bike show and it didn't bother me at all. as of yet, I don't have an IWB holster, that will be interesting to see how that goes, but I don't expect it to feel much different.

I guess I turned this more into a comparison than a review...

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My friend finally found the time Sunday afternoon to come over and shoot. He bought the XDs a couple months ago and had never shot it. This was his first handgun. He was pulling right about 2 feet at first. I said let me try it. I thought recoil would be pretty strong being a .45 and such a small gun. I was pleasantly surprised at the light recoil. I hit 6 o'clock on my 2.5" circles. I told him the gun was fine and coached him about squeasing the trigger. Set up some water bottles and BAM. BAM. BAM. BAM. He shot 4 out of 4 water bottles. I really liked the little pistol. Really liked the sights. I could see getting the XDs sometime in the future. We both shot well with my CM9 as well. Fun afternoon.

Top Bottom