• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I've wanted one for many years and finally scored one NIB. I was at the Trap Club and my friend walks in and says his selling his safe queen and the rest is history as they say. So far I put 200 rounds through her and she is a sweet shooter. Smooth D/A trigger and of course S/A is wonderful. Can't wait until the next FNS :)

k22.jpg

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    That is a great find. My father in law had one and I always admired it. Sad to say he had three SIL and I did not win the raffle on that one.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They love it when you put new shoes on them!!!! Congrats. I have got three (all shooters with a little wear) and I consider them one of the finest products that Smith and Wesson ever put out. I have got a K 22 with some pitting, (the one on the pic) that I carry around as a "farm gun" in a hunter style holster on an old web belt. I pair it up with a same era Marlin Golden 39A and think the combo is the "Bees Knees"!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Whatever you do, PLEASE DO NOT DRY FIRE IT! :laugh:

Yeah buddy...And folks will....I was showing one of mine to a customer/friend one day and I turned my back and said, "Hey Bro, whatever you do don't dry...." and that is when I heard the hammer drop "....Fire that Smith....."

He felt bad and the gun shoots fine but that was one stomach churning sound to hear that "click" on a 1947 "One Liner" K 22 Transition piece......:xmad:

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    The old M17's were famous for having VERY tight cylinder bores. I've always kept a 4" cleaning rod with a .25 cal brush and a 6" with a .22 cal brush in my range bag. When the cylinder gets "sticky" when reloading it's time to run the .25 brush through each hole a couple of times. K22's also must be cleaned religiously UNDER the ejector star. I use brake parts cleaner spray to thoroughly spray under the ejector and the back of the ejector. If the action tends to "bind" that is the first place to check.

As was posted above, Do NOT EVER DRYFIRE! The floating firing pin will hit the cylinder and peen itself shorter thus causing misfires.

Once you have it broken it, you will find the accuracy second to no other revolver. They are a blast to shoot and will last a lifetime.

Nice "Old School" revolver. The newbies can bash it, but show em' what it will do!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom