• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blkbrd11XX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Went to the Indy 1500 last Saturday with the intention of holding as many compacts as I could find. On my short list were the XD(M) 3.8 .40, and the M&P Shield, with a heavy biased towards the XD(M). I was disappointed as to how it felt in my hand, very "chunky" and too full for my comfort. Needless to say I was very disappointed and I mustve "tried it on" about 10 times. Im quite sure the guy at the booth was getting tired of me, but never once did he show it. As I stood there, dumbfounded, he pointed out a Ruger SR40C. BAM! As soon as it hit my hand it felt like a long lost lover that had come home. Everything about it felt right and boy was she pretty. This thing had never entered my radar in all the info I had gathered these last few weeks. When I thought of Ruger, I thought of Germany 1942. Anyway, I got what I think turned out to be a smoking deal, picked up a couple of holsters and a few boxes of ammo and THAT was my first gun show experience and gun purchase. Its been a frantic but fun week learning everything I can about this gun. Im in the process of trying to get some lessons so I can hurry up and shoot this thing.

aDSC_0369.jpg aDSC_0378.jpg aDSC_0384.jpg

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I was shopping for the same type of handgun and had the same reaction to the Ruger. Now to decide if I want it in 9mm or .40.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I love my Ruger SR9c, I bought it after I sent I sent my XDs. I have put a hundred + rounds through it and it shoots great.

Blkbrd11XX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Carmel
    I was shopping for the same type of handgun and had the same reaction to the Ruger. Now to decide if I want it in 9mm or .40.
    tough choice, for sure.

I'm glad that you were able to find something that you really like.
    I found a LOT of things I liked, lol. I can see this becoming an addiction.

I love my Ruger SR9c, I bought it after I sent I sent my XDs. I have put a hundred + rounds through it and it shoots great.
    Cant wait to get it out to the range.

bruno1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    in the middle
    I'm not a big fan of ruger by any means. I usually lean towards older stuff. Lately I've been on a colt or walther kick. Maybe it's just the coolness factor, not sure. Anyway I had a chance to shoot a buddies sr9c and I was impressed. It felt great in my hand and then BANG, I shot a tiny little group on the bullseye at 15 yds! I told myself He must have got lucky and got a nice one. The next week another buddy shows up at the range with a two tone sr9c. Hmm. He hands it to me and I was amazed. I shot it much, much better than my m&p 40c i had with me. I haven't had the chance to shoot sr40c but I can't imagine it being more accurate than the 9. I do like some of rugers rifles but this little 9 has definitely changed the way I look at ruger pistols.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I love my SR9. Very accurate, nice trigger, easy to maintain. I like the SR45 too, never shot one but I'm assuming it's nice.

Good choice OP.

Rick60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Bloomington
    My wife carries an SR9c and I have an SR40c.....I felt the same way when I held it.....Several hundred rounds through both and they function just fine.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    Owned the SR9c and loved it. I could mag dump at 30ft and keep it within 4 inches or so. Sadly, we had to part ways so I could afford to pay for the most expensive 3 beers in the world. (OWI)

Blkbrd11XX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Carmel
    well, shot my first firearm last night! i was able to shoot a baretta 380, then a glock 9 mm, my Ruger SR.40c and finally, a kimber .45. Im hooked, definitely hooked!
    my first shot ever was a direct bull's eye, then the next 4 were off, as i subconsciously compensated for the kick. Once i started breathing and reworked my grip I was able to do much better. The Ruger was, at least for me, much easier to site. one of the pistols had an ornage front site that blended too easily with the orange bulls eye. that "bothered" me for some reason. most of my shots ended lower than whre i thought i was aiming. Also, concentrating on the site vs the trigger helped with my grouping.

My Ruger SR.40c felt as good in my hands, being fired, as it has felt these last few weeks at home, lol. Just the perfect fit for me. comfortable, well balanced and easier to hold steady that the 380 or the 9 that i fired. Im very happy with my decision.

That Kimber .45...wow, what a piece! Loved how it felt in my hands. The flame that shot out of that thing was something else. i loved how it shot for some reason. I cant explain it or figure out what was different about it. I was more accurate with it than the others but that may have been because i had fired quite a few rounds when i got around to it. My next pistol will def be a .45 of some sort.

One thing that kind of ticked me off was that they dont allow steel casings to be fired at pops guns. The reason being they dont want to have to sort through the casings as they collect them for resale. Thats crappy to me. I hope that every range isnt like that. I have 6 boxes of it!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom