• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I would like to get my hands on an East German, Russian, or Bulgarian Makarov sometime in the next few months, but the gun stores I've called in Central Indiana don't seem to stock them. Is a gun show my best bet? Or maybe just the classifieds?

Anyone see these regularly, or are they becoming hard to find?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I know this won't help but I just sold a very nice E German Mak last week. You can try Gunbroker or one of the other auction sights for one. Hit the gun shows too. They pop up here every now and then. Good luck, they are nice pistols.

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    Just curious, but how much did you have to paY For the pa63? I have one and really like shooting it. You can pick up Russian Silver Bear ammo for $11 a box. Avoid the
    HP if possible.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Note on the Russian variants:

If the rear sight is adjustable, it was made for the export market. These are slightly less desirable than fixed sight versions due to a higher chance of that pistol having been issued to a military or police force.

I don't know if any other makes/models are that easy to tell the made-for-export guns apart from the surplus weapons or not.

-J-

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    A little off topic, but interesting. This article reports that bin Laden had an AK and a Makarov in his room. Could be total BS, but it's a fun read if you have or want to have a Makarov: AP Uncovers New Details About OBL Raid: ‘It Nearly Went Terribly Wrong’ | The Blaze

As the SEALs began photographing the body for identification, the raiders found an AK-47 rifle and a Russian-made Makarov pistol on a shelf by the door they’d just run through. Bin Laden hadn’t touched them.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's not East German or Russian, but there are some Czech ones out there.

I don't know if they have any left, but Midwest Gun had some on sale for $219 about three weeks ago

You could also try this-
    J&G Sales

CZ-82 Czech 9x18 Makarov Military pistol, Very Good condition, new USA made barrel, one mag. C&R. $239.95

CZ-82 Czech 9x18 Makarov Military pistol, Very Good condition, new USA made barrel, one mag. C&R.

Another note: The above pistol isn't a Makarov. It's a CZ-82 that fires the Makarov cartridge.

Similar pistols, but not the same.

Just like a PA-63 isn't a Mak and a P-64 isn't a Mak.

-J-

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Nearly every gun show I've ever been to has either most of a case of them. Fort Wayne area shows at least. They are still extremely available but I have noticed they are retailing for more now.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I have seen them at the Gander Mountain in Castleton a few times, but nothing lately that I recall. I would check Bradis and see if they have one, if not you are probably going to have to wait for 1500. I remember when you used to be able to buy them for under $100, but now they are more in the $250ish range.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Saw some at greenfield gun show for 199. I'm sorry! I retract that statement. The pistols I saw were 7.62 pistols.
    Tokarev...Makarov...sorry:n00b::n00b:

Last edited:

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Yes I see them regularly down here in the southern part of the state. Prices are not the greatest so I went to gunbroker and got me a double stack Russian in excellent condition.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    It's not East German or Russian, but there are some Czech ones out there.

I don't know if they have any left, but Midwest Gun had some on sale for $219 about three weeks ago

You could also try this-
    J&G Sales

CZ-82 Czech 9x18 Makarov Military pistol, Very Good condition, new USA made barrel, one mag. C&R. $239.95

CZ-82 Czech 9x18 Makarov Military pistol, Very Good condition, new USA made barrel, one mag. C&R.
    bought mine for under $200 shipped at southern ohio gun the CZ82's are great handguns for cheap i love mine and dont think id ever part with it. but im also looking for Russian, east German and Bulgarian model

Top Bottom