• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    The last two GLOCKs I bought new had a casing, presumably from the individual gun, included in the package. To whom would I send this case -- if to anyone -- and would it not be as logical to also send a recovered bullet to the same entities? Would it be also sensical to send casings and bullets from all of the firearms I own to those same entities? What are the pros and cons, from LEO perspective, and from my perspective? Thanks. Trolls not invited. EBG

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    The last two GLOCKs I bought new had a casing, presumably from the individual gun, included in the package. To whom would I send this case -- if to anyone -- and would it not be as logical to also send a recovered bullet to the same entities? Would it be also sensical to send casings and bullets from all of the firearms I own to those same entities? What are the pros and cons, from LEO perspective, and from my perspective? Thanks. Trolls not invited. EBG

No one. That is for stupid states that dont know you can order a new barrel.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Not at all!

Very well said. I'm assuming that bolt-face marks, plus firing-pins can all be quickly rearranged, and barrels swapped in a few seconds. Thank God for Hoosier-land.
    If you have a friend who reloads I would send them to that person. Being a Hoosier you have no obligation to do anything with the casing other than what you want. I hope I do not appear troll-like.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

You send this to NOBODY, there is no law requiring it.

Why provide to local LEA's self registration of your firearms?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you sell those guns to someone on the left coast, they may need those cartidge casings. Otherwise, they're just surplus brass.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    A nice fine stone will resurface that pesky firing pin, and the same stone can help the breech face.......... If you can't buy a new barrel, a rat-tail file would ruin the lands and grooves......theoretically. OP you live in a free state!!

Top Bottom