• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I just moved here, have not yet received my Indiana DL, still waiting on other documentation to arrive from Michigan Secretary of State. My question is if I was so inclined to purchase a private collection gun at a gun show would I be able to without an Indiana DL? I can provide other forms of documentation that I am a resident, lease, check stubs, job offer etc. Thanks for the input.

superman63086

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Franklin, IN
    Dealers are a no go, but private sellers mostly dont give a hoot. Personally the goverment shouldnt be able to tell me what I can and cannot have in the first place. So do what you you think is best but I wouldnt worry about it. Just check to make sure its not stolen.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Dealers are a no go, but private sellers mostly dont give a hoot. Personally the goverment shouldnt be able to tell me what I can and cannot have in the first place. So do what you you think is best but I wouldnt worry about it. Just check to make sure its not stolen.

Ya I know dealers are out, but at the Greenfield gun show I may pick something up if I see something I like. Just wanted to see if it was Kosher first.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I am going to get it all, just waiting on some paperwork to properly establish residence, get the whole lot of Indiana goodies, plates, drivers license, etc.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I don't think you are allowed to have both a Driver's License and a State ID anymore. They have changed some of the rules the past couple of years. It used to be okay to have both.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Your mistake was in being born too far north. Next time, get born in Indiana and save yourself all the hassle! ;)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Dont worry I have 3 licenses, I seem to lose my.....a lot....:rolleyes:
    I have a few copies myself I think. I was supposed to shred/destroy the old when the new came in but I always seem to misplace them.

Guess maybe they should start taking your old and giving you your new at the BMV again? Oh wait... DHS won't let them do that.

Top Bottom