• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brucear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    My wife is looking for a class around the Evansville Indiana area. She just got her Ruger SR9c and was wanting to know if there was training for CCW. :):

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Send her up to the Indy area.

Sheriff Campbell of Boone Co. does a Ladies Only Introduction to Defensive Pistol in Lebanon. It is a 2 day 16 hour class that is absolutely fantastic. It is only $175 (which is dirt cheap for a tactical shooting class). People come from much further away than Evansville to take these classes. I really can't recommend it enough, it is worth driving up for.

Just a warning... after she takes it, she is likely going to want to take more. He also hosts Gunsite and Yavapai (Louis Awerbuck) classes, but those start around $600. So be warned it might actually cost you more than the $175 by the time you add on her desire to sign up for all the expensive classes.

emayer7285

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Does that class in Boone county provide the pistols or is it a bring your own and if so what is recommended. I had my girlfriend shooting the old 9 mm but want to get her going with the .45.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    If you make arrangements ahead of time, he can supply you with everything you need (I believe he loans out G19s).

If you bring your own you need a defensive pistol (no smaller than .380 and preferably not a pocket gun), holster, belt, mag carrier, and at least 3 mags (although more is better).

Top Bottom