• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentt2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Speedway
    Does anyone know were i can get my wife some firearms related training in Indianapolis i took a NRA course for my job but would like to get her some training and understanding of firearms

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    The Boone Co. Sheriff offers an excellent 2 day Intro to Defensive Pistol class. He offers them as "ladies only" several times a year. He is a Gunsite instructor and puts on a heck of a class really cheap ($175 for 16 hours). The class very closely follows Cooper's training methods. Far superior than the basic NRA classes. It is not a class on target shooting, it is a class on defensive pistol. After the initial classroom portion, you will train on a hot range while always being armed. None of that "lets target shoot and only carry guns unloaded and cased".

After you take that class, he brings in a bunch of other excellent training... Gunsite, Louis Awerbuck, Steve Tarani, and other well known and respected trainers.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    The Boone Co. Sheriff offers an excellent 2 day Intro to Defensive Pistol class. He offers them as "ladies only" several times a year. He is a Gunsite instructor and puts on a heck of a class really cheap ($175 for 16 hours). The class very closely follows Cooper's training methods. Far superior than the basic NRA classes. It is not a class on target shooting, it is a class on defensive pistol. After the initial classroom portion, you will train on a hot range while always being armed. None of that "lets target shoot and only carry guns unloaded and cased".

After you take that class, he brings in a bunch of other excellent training... Gunsite, Louis Awerbuck, Steve Tarani, and other well known and respected trainers.

do you have any contact info on this…… i would like to get my wide some training also

GLimbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Is there an age restriction? I have a mature 15 yo daughter that wants instruction soon. My only restriction to having the first handgun in our family is professional instruction and training. If this is what she wants, I'll support her to be educated and safe. Contact info for the Boone County program would be helpful.

Top Bottom