• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    Well I was able to take my first 100 .223 rounds that I reloaded to the range today, and I must say its awesome to be able to shoot something you made yourself. The first positive thing was that nothing blew up on me :laugh: the second was the group I was shooting with the reloads was awesome. It was better than the factory ammo I took with me.

My batch was 26.5 grains of varget with a 55 grain fmj and cci primers.

Big thanks to Andrew for the class and everyone else on here with great tips and advice. I will never buy ammo from a store again :rockwoot:

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    congrats to you man. you will do well as ocd as you seemed. i bet you were knocking fleas off a dogs back at 500.

I reloaded my first 106 rounds of 45 acp today as well. setting up the 650 was a little more challenging then the single stage that andrew taught us on. i was able to reload them and shoot some of them today and i can say i am happy as well. andrews class makes you feel much more comfterable reloading. i plan on reloading a few thousand rounds of 45 and then switch over to the 223 and 9mm. i went with a 230 grain powerbond with cci primers and 4.8 grains of titegroup.

i also built a press mount for my rockchucker since my already there reloading bench is a little short at 32 " high. the 650 is perfect with the mount so i just made one very similar out of some plate steel for the rockchucker.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    I'm doing some 40 S&W next with tite group, its pretty easy for me to switch back and forth because I have a turret press so I can just swap the dies out in 2 seconds. Congrats on your batch also, and yes my OCD helped make some nice rounds lol.

Top Bottom