• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Picked up my first handgun this weekend, S&W Bodyguard 380 and would like to visit Eagle Creek Pistol Range this weekend. Having never been to a range before I had a couple questions.

1) Are target stands provided or will I need to being my own? Are targets available for purchase there?

2) Is there a "good" time (ie: less busy) time to visit? I will be going on Saturday.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Quick rundown-but the linked thread above will help.
    Stands and targets are provided, they are just a piece of paper that's black and white but effective for your first trip. You can take your own if you like or take steel ( needs approved by an RO).

I would go as early as possible. Midday seems to get busier. I usually go at 9 O'clock and it's not very busy, yet.
    First timers sit through an orientation-muzzle downrange is stressed during this. And after that it is fire away. Good times, good ROs and good mgmt.

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    always bring you own targets and ammo, ear and aye protection, always even if you dont need them.

the best time at the range is week days after 1 pm,i been by myself and the range master just allow me to do my own thing. mornings and weekends are always most busy.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    ^^^ Except the OP was specifically talking about ECPR. No weekdays allowed.IMPD controls it during the week. But, eye and earpro is a must. Take some sani wipes or Purell hand sanitizer to clean any lead off of your hands as well.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Welcome to INGO.
    You may want to visit the "Introductions and Greetings" forum to introduce yourself before posting on the site.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The guys @ ECPR are great. You'll enjoy. I went at noon on a saturday, & it's big enough it wasn't crowded. You won't need targets, just ammo, ear & eye protection.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    The guys @ ECPR are great. You'll enjoy. I went at noon on a saturday, & it's big enough it wasn't crowded. You won't need targets, just ammo, ear & eye protection.
    A gun for the ammo would probably be a good idea as well. Maybe a magazine or two.:D Maybe not for a revolver.

Seriously, it's a good fun place to go. Find the taller guy (Guy) usually wearing a ball cap and let him know how you felt as a first time shooter. Any question just ask the ROs (Range Officers). Help clean up brass during "cold ranges" and paste new targets when needed during those "cold range" times. They will go over all the rules with you in person. Good times.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side

I had read through that, but after re-reading it I saw it answered two of my questions, thank you. :)

Quick rundown-but the linked thread above will help.
    Stands and targets are provided, they are just a piece of paper that's black and white but effective for your first trip. You can take your own if you like or take steel ( needs approved by an RO).

I would go as early as possible. Midday seems to get busier. I usually go at 9 O'clock and it's not very busy, yet.
    First timers sit through an orientation-muzzle downrange is stressed during this. And after that it is fire away. Good times, good ROs and good mgmt.

Thanks!

always bring you own targets and ammo, ear and aye protection, always even if you dont need them.

the best time at the range is week days after 1 pm,i been by myself and the range master just allow me to do my own thing. mornings and weekends are always most busy.

Have eyes and ears covered, and have a few targets but not a bunch.

^^^ Except the OP was specifically talking about ECPR. No weekdays allowed.IMPD controls it during the week. But, eye and earpro is a must. Take some sani wipes or Purell hand sanitizer to clean any lead off of your hands as well.

Good idea, thanks!

Welcome to INGO.
    You may want to visit the "Introductions and Greetings" forum to introduce yourself before posting on the site.

Good idea, will do so shortly! :)

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Thanks to all who replied, had a great time at the range yesterday.

Stopped in with a buddy of mine around 2pm. Both range officers were friendly and helpful (didn't catch names, one had a fleece jacket and glasses on, other older gentlemen had what looked like a 1911 on his hip). Shot up some zombie targets as well, which is always fun. :)

Top Bottom