• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ikky68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Not sure about what goes in a range report. So here's my :twocents:.

Well, the PMR-30 is lightweight. It's slim. Those two things make the pistol feel 'cheap' in your hand. But I must admit that it feels solid. The gap tolerance is better than my Ruger SR9.

I'm not a very good shot. I don't suck at shooting either. Therefore, I'm going to say that this gun puts bullet holes where I aim at. When I slow down, relax, and aim properly, I get the bullets where I want them to go.

Now about the bullet holes... :xmad:
    I purchased this gun in the beginning of March 2011. I received the gun at the end of December 2011. I'm sorry to say that the keyholing problem exists with my pistol.

Other than the keyholing problem, the PMR-30 is a surprisingly nice pistol. I have previously noted my one issue, so here are my reasons for liking it:
    1. The magazine. I have never shot a pistol and thought, "Crap, how many more bullets are in this gun?" I had that exact question running through my mind today. I only loaded 25 rounds in the magazines and that was more than enough when shooting at a paper target. I may change my mind when shooting at a reactive target.
    2. Not sure what to call it, other than muzzle flash. FRIKKIN COOL! It's like shooting a blaster (scifi reference). Only thing better would be shooting a real blaster (at a jedi (for practice, of course)).
    3. Muzzle rise. There isn't too much which was surprising for such a light weight gun. At least to me it was surprising. Easy to keep the sights on and return to target.
    4. Fiberoptic sights. Very nice and easy to see in a dimly lit shooting range.

Plan on going back next weekend to see if I get any other warm fuzzies with the gun.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Now about the bullet holes... :xmad:
    I purchased this gun in the beginning of March 2011. I received the gun at the end of December 2011. I'm sorry to say that the keyholing problem exists with my pistol.

Just call Kel-Tech customer service and let them know. No questions asked and no need to send in your weapon. They will send you a new barrel. I got mine 3 days after I called. I tried to give them my serial number and they said they didn't need it.

I use the CCI maxi-mags and love the weapon.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Might be too close to the target... need more distance to stabilize.
    I had an M1 carbine that would key hole at 50 yards but made round holes at 75. The barrel was pretty well shot out.

ikky68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Okay. I'll change distance to target next time I'm at the range to see if the keyholing gets corrected.

I'll call Kel Tec for that replacement barrel on Monday.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :rockwoot: Congrats!!

Very fun gun! Love the fireball that thing puts out :D
    I thought the same thing the first time I fired one, when is the mag gonna run out! My arms got tired before I emptied the mag! :D

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Top Bottom