• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RBJ13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    I hope this is in the right section, I figured the AK system is technically a long gun thing. But it is classified as a pistol. :dunno:

So I took my new CAI Draco AK pistol out for my first time shooting it today and found a problem...or two.

When I went to rack the first round into the chamber, the bolt assembly did not close all the way. I had to pound the thing forward to get it into place. Upon getting the bolt forward I could fire...after which the same problem would occur for the next round.

Also, the trigger did not seem to be resetting. Any advice, or does anyone know if this is a common thing?

RBJ13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    Yeah it goes fine when unloaded. But I did test that in a way by loading one round into it with no magazine...still didn't work correctly. I was a bit confused

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have seen reviews on CAI WASR's that say check the action for shavings if it is a milled receiver. I don't know if this is an issue on the DRACO pistols or not but it's worth looking into.

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    Well My Draco is a mean MFer and it runs great.... do you have a military mag or plastic? Maybe you got a bad apple... I wouldnt judge one tho like I said I ran mine hard!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Check the chamber to make sure that Century didn't leave you a present there. (Like a piece of shell casing, or a metal shaving) Check the chamber for burrs or sharp spots that might be causing the round to hang up.

Top Bottom