• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Thanks all. I'll post the specs on this server this evening if people are interested. I don't know much about it but Scutter does.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wow you're right. Very fast!

Hey mods/admin, what's the capacity you estimate the new server can handle?

The major bottleneck on the old server was memory. Our database is getting to be so large that the old one just couldn't handle the number of queries-per-second. This new one has about four times as much memory, as well as more CPU power. We knew when we moved to the previous server that it had a projected life of about 2-3 years, but INGO grew so fast that we hit our max almost a year sooner than we thought.

Now that we're on our new server, we're looking forward to re-enabling a few little tweaks we had to turn off.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you got here by clicking the forwarding link from the old server, please close your browser, reopen it, and try the regular URL again. DNS should be fully propagated now. We're still in our "shakedown cruise", so things like the non-friendly thread URLs are still being adjusted.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    If you got here by clicking the forwarding link from the old server, please close your browser, reopen it, and try the regular URL again. DNS should be fully propagated now. We're still in our "shakedown cruise", so things like the non-friendly thread URLs are still being adjusted.

DNS seems to be working correctly for me!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    The major bottleneck on the old server was memory. Our database is getting to be so large that the old one just couldn't handle the number of queries-per-second. This new one has about four times as much memory, as well as more CPU power. We knew when we moved to the previous server that it had a projected life of about 2-3 years, but INGO grew so fast that we hit our max almost a year sooner than we thought.

Now that we're on our new server, we're looking forward to re-enabling a few little tweaks we had to turn off.

Was one of those tweaks making it show 30 threads when you click "new posts"? I don't remember it showing that many before.

Top Bottom