• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Police Seek Shooter In Robbery Outside Bank - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

I went to Tijuana Flats for lunch today which shares the same parking lot as this bank. I showed up there around 10:30 and there wasn't a LEO anywhere to be seen. When I came out, the place was crawling with them, including several helicopters. I'm sure he was long gone by the time I got there, but who knows where he was hiding? They still haven't caught him, as far as I know.

On a related note, anyone know why SWAT feels the need to dress in camo clothes? Are there a lot of woodland bank robberies in the Indy area where they need to be in "stealth mode" to catch bad guys?

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    On a related note, anyone know why SWAT feels the need to dress in camo clothes? Are there a lot of woodland bank robberies in the Indy area where they need to be in "stealth mode" to catch bad guys?

Well you never know when they might have to be all tactical and jump into a ficus plant for concealment.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    There has been a bunch of **** going down here in Fishers lately. Lots of car break ins (including one of mine outside of my house) and recently I know a CVS got robbed on Allisonville Rd and some employees were held at gun point and now this latest bank robbery.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There has been a bunch of **** going down here in Fishers lately. Lots of car break ins (including one of mine outside of my house) and recently I know a CVS got robbed on Allisonville Rd and some employees were held at gun point and now this latest bank robbery.

Maybe the banks in Lawrence are out of money and the BG's are having to start moving north. :dunno:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    You guys keep that stuff down south, ya hear? We don't need that kind of excitement up here! :runaway:

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    sorry to sound like a dumb ass but why did you get finger printed. don't you get finger printed when you apply for you LTC anyway?

Add 1 more reason to the list of why Pami and I got fingerprinted by the Fishers PD today.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    sorry to sound like a dumb ass but why did you get finger printed. don't you get finger printed when you apply for you LTC anyway?
    ... that's what we were doing... Applying for the LTC... :) Found out about the robbery while we were there filling out the paperwork.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    What model?
    OT .. but, a Canon Rebel XTi digital SLR. I think I mentioned in Fenway's thread about looking for a new camera once... and I'm about to get a new wide angle lens for it :D *dances*

Now, back to your regularly scheduled topic on bank robberies...

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 2, 2008

(Fishers, Indiana) - The Fishers Police Department is investigating the attempted robbery of a person that occurred at approximately 9:15 am in the National City Bank parking lot, 7876 East 96th Street in Fishers.
    The victim, Jay W. Sniegowski, is an employee at the Wendy’s Restaurant, 8000 East 96th Street, and was preparing to make a deposit at the bank. Mr. Sniegowski parked his car in a parking space outside the bank. He noticed a man standing near the bank talking on a cell phone. As Mr. Sniegowski started to get out of his car the man on the cell phone approached his car and demanded money. Mr. Sniegowski was able to close the car door. The suspect pulled out a handgun and fired one round into the car. Mr. Sniegowski gave the suspect and empty bag from inside his car. The suspect ran north from the bank. Mr. Sniegowski drove his car to the drive up window at the bank to get help. Bank employees called 911 and assisted Mr. Sniegowski until police and medical personnel arrived on the scene. He was treated and released from Community North Hospital for superficial wounds from the shattered glass. He was not struck by the bullet.
    Officers set a perimeter from 96th Street to 106th Street and Interstate 69 to Lantern Road. Three K-9 units and the Indiana State Police helicopter searched for the suspect for two hours. Hamilton Southeastern Schools locked down local schools and police asked other businesses in the area to do the same. The suspect was not located.
    Anyone with information in asked to call the Fishers Police Department, 595-3300 or 773-1282 or Crime Stoppers, 262-TIPS.

Suspect: Black Male Victim: Jay W. Sniegowski
    White Stocking Hat 51 years old
    Light Colored Pants Anderson, Indiana
    Gray Hooded Sweatshirt
    Dark Colored Jacket
    Black Handgun

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    Was there last week installing improvements to ... well Installing stuff. I bet they have &%^# 4x9 ^%$)( ^&%$# of cellphone goblin. I bet they had them within )*&^(%%$v of the first call.

Oh geez I shouldnta said that. There thats not so clear.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We are exporting our crime to the surrounding counties. I was watching the news and they had a hairdresser on TV that was down the street from the bank. She was telling the newsies that 96th St was no longer a "safe area". I do realize that these things make people feel unsafe but to exclaim 96th St as unsafe is a bit much. I work late shift in the 38th St/Post Rd area...thats an unsafe area. Carmel and Fishers PD hang out on 96th St cause thats where all the "action" is and we go up there cause that is where it is quiet and away from all the action. Not sure why Fishers "SWAT" is wearing camo. I love wearing my camo BDU pants when I'm detailed to the range, they are the most comfortable and you can't tear them up. I think the the blue BDU's that our SWAT guys wear look more professional. They have our patches and name tags on them like our regular uniforms.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I saw that same story and was thinking what a stupid edit job. You could tell they were going for dramatic as usual so they just cut and spliced that ladies "not safe" comment with no context.

She was telling the newsies that 96th St was no longer a "safe area"

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Yeah, I was at my Parents house when I heard this. It's one reason why I moved out of the city and on the OTHER side of Plainfield. I'm 3 minutes from the Police station, and have LTC.

They can just come to pick up the bodies, if BG's they get that stupid...:do2:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I'm sure they will give their own reasons, but it's pretty obvious in the case of most such organizations that they are attempting to become as militarized as possible. That's a tremendously negative (and to us) dangerous mindset. Peace officers should be peace officers, even when the need for such special responses arise. They are not soldiers, should not look like them, and should think or act like them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm sure they will give their own reasons, but it's pretty obvious in the case of most such organizations that they are attempting to become as militarized as possible. That's a tremendously negative (and to us) dangerous mindset. Peace officers should be peace officers, even when the need for such special responses arise. They are not soldiers, should not look like them, and should think or act like them.

Absolutely correct.
    Kinda makes me cringe when you hear the occasional sound bite with them
    referring to us as "civilians."

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    The military is to conquer and hold territory. Police are to capture and arrest BG's. Big difference. A military action would put down BG by overwelming force. Collateral damage is secondary to the objective. I don't want the police thinking like military. There is also constitutional restrictions about using military forces within the US borders against citizens. Any blurring of the line between military and police functions is bad news.

Top Bottom