• ...and so much more!
  • PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Hey INGOers,
    My wife and I just moved up to Fishers. We are fairly unfamiliar with the area in general, but we are trying to start the church hunt anyway. I know my brother has a home church around here that he likes well enough, but I was hoping to get some options to check out on our own. We are Protestant Christian, Methodist, if you want to get technical about it, but the denomination isn't really important to us. That is to say, the message its more important to us than the affiliation.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Addresses, dress codes, and service times appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Eastern Star Church at 8850 E. 106th Street, Fishers, IN (corner of 106th and Lantern Rd.) Jeffrey Johnson is the pastor. You can google for their web page and listen to some sermons to see if it may be for you.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    If you're looking for a something a bit more modern with a small congregation then might I suggest itown church. the pastor, Dave Sumrall, is a younger guy (mid 30's) and he's a good speaker. worship is lead by the band and consists of songs by modern christian rock bands, which i find refreshing after years of Catholicism. right now they hold services out of Riverside school in fishers (116th & Eller). the thing I like the most about it is that they never try to pressure you into anything. it's very laid back and casual dress for the most part (I think some people just like to wear suits), half the time I wear shorts.

downside: can't carry because it's at a school.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    which i find refreshing after years of Catholicism.

downside: can't carry because it's at a school.

I am sorry for the Catholicism... I have sat through (well sat, stood, sat again, stood........ and so on) with some friends. Not my cut-o-tea. I like the progressive church feel. And definitely like the idea of wearing shorts to church.

Thanks, we'll have to check this out.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Eastern Star Church at 8850 E. 106th Street, Fishers, IN (corner of 106th and Lantern Rd.) Jeffrey Johnson is the pastor. You can google for their web page and listen to some sermons to see if it may be for you.

That's convenient. I live on Lantern between 96th and 106th. I didn't even know it was there, and I just drove by there Monday. Thanks.

Top Bottom