• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I had a small club tournament at KY Lake and Lake Barkley last weekend. Things went well after a little bit of a rough start. I went down Wednesday in the rain. Thursday, it turned cold and the wind was blowing. we didn't get out on the lake untill about 11 am and came in around 4. The lake was rough,1-2 foot rollers. We caught a few short fish but nothing of any size. Friday we were able to move around the lake better as the wind had calmed down. We started out catching short fish again, then I suggested we try out Barkley. I know a few spots on Barkley. I ended up catching the only keeper Friday. A 3 pound smallmouth. Saturday was the first tournament day and the fog had rolled in on the east side of KY Lake. And that was where we were going. Couldn't even see the front of the boat. We waited for the fog to burn off a little and got to our first spot. We caught a few shorts, and then I hooked up a good one, 2.83 lbs. After a few more shorts, we went over to Barkley and I ended up catching another smallie not even 10 feet from where I caught the 3 pounder the day before. It was a little shorter and skinier, but still went in the box. I was in 3rd place after the first day. Sunday was a little worrisome when we started out. Flat calm and no shad....untill we got to our second spot. The shad were stacked up like cordwood. We started catching fish. I ended the day with a limit and I culled one out. My boater caught 3 keepers. Almost every fish I caught this weeken was on a spinnerbait. They didnot want anything to do with plastics. On Sunday noone else in the club caught a keeper. For the weekend, my total weight was almost 16 pounds. I had 5.23 on Saturday and won big bass. On Sunday I had 10 pounds and some change and won big bass again with 2.58. All in all it was a great weekend. Pics are in my profile page. I can not post pics in a thread. I've tried. It beat me.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    I wish i could have been there. I love being down there in the fall. Not been down there since i got out of the bass club.

Top Bottom