• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Stupid college kids!!!

I had the joy of watching two college kids load a pickup with supplies for the start of college at IU. Food water and other important stuff went into the bed of the truck.

The mattresses and box spring went on top to keep all the little stuff in the back of the truck. They wedged some boxes to hold the mattress and box spring down over the other gear.

I was two cars behind them and wished I had a camera to record what was soon to happen.

All went well till they went north on 37 from 2nd street. Right as they merged onto 37, the air got under the mattress and box spring and they flew into the air. They drove about 500 feet before stopping and backing up. The box spring was destroyed but the mattress looked ok.
    No other cars were hurt and they might have learned a few things about securing a load.
    I continued on home with a smile knowing the smart college kids are back in town........

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ah yes. Like migratory birds with stunning plumage.

I saw the same thing nearly happen on the east side. Must have been a small bed set because it was in the back (and somewhat over the top) of a jeep CJ.

I could see it happening before it even happened. So I kept my distance, and then some.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    This sure is a common event around Bloomington...to the point I wondered if there was a way to make some cash from all the mattresses alongside the roads. After a second of thought, I realized I would probably need to touch the mattresses to do that. Yuck!!
    (in my best Gilda Radner voice) Nevvvvver mind!!

Top Bottom