• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy
    I have the FNP-9. It's very light weight and well balanced. I've only shot about 500 rounds through it but I have never had a malfunction with it yet.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I love my FNP-9, haven't shot the Bersa though so I can't compare. There is a lot of love for the FNP's on here though.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I have no experience with the Bersa, but I do have a FNP 9 and I love it. I bought it last week, and have ran over 200 rnds through it, and all I can say is flawless. This is what I got for $445 plus tax, the FNP 9 NIB, 3 10rd mags, and 2 16's. I already had the tac light which is the only add on I wanted.
    picture.php

Thor20003

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I'm just the opposite. I've never tried the FNP but would not trade my Bersa's for any other gun.

Thor20003

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    You will not be disappointed. Check out some like minded folks at Bersachat.com for more information or if you have any questions.

Enjoy!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have yet to own anything from either company but I like the looks of the FN pistols. I wouldn't mind trying out one of the 9mm's like the OP listed or a 45 version. Good luck and sounds like either choice will be a good one! ;)

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I have used a number of models from each shop.

Both shops are outstanding and I have yet to find a bad product from either. That said, my impression is that in their priduct lines, lower caliber models from Bersa are the best while higher caliber models from FNP are the best.

The Bersa 380 is by far one of my favorite low caliber firearms. Likewise, FNP is one of my favorite higher cal firearms.... particularly when it comes to full size pistols.

The good news is, you won't go wrong either way.

JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy
    I have used a number of models from each shop.

Both shops are outstanding and I have yet to find a bad product from either. That said, my impression is that in their priduct lines, lower caliber models from Bersa are the best while higher caliber models from FNP are the best.

The Bersa 380 is by far one of my favorite low caliber firearms. Likewise, FNP is one of my favorite higher cal firearms.... particularly when it comes to full size pistols.

The good news is, you won't go wrong either way.

I think this is a great post. I've shot both the 45 and 9 of the FN and both felt smooth to the trigger and very natural in the hand. They were damn near dead on accurate and it didn't matter which gun I was using at the time. I was able to switch and not skip a beat.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    I know OP bought the Bersa but I felt like I should add that I also have the FNP9 and its one of my favorite pistols to shoot and recommend it highly.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    I have a FNX-9. I bought it to shoot cheaply at the range. I really enjoyed it, while it was mine. However, my wife has now staked a claim on it because she enjoys shooting it so much! DA the trigger breaks early and smooth, SA is smooth too. I've got so many rounds downrange I can't count....no failures (feed or fire).

Never had any experience with Bersa, so can't comment other than to say enjoy the heck out of yours!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I decided to go with Bersa Thunder 9 UC because I'm tight on budget and found a deal for $341, ordered one, will be here tomorrow. I hope it won't be a lemon.

Congrats on the Bersa. I've had several and they have all be great guns. I've owned Bersas in 22, 380, 9 and 45 and of all of them, the 9s are the best. The 45 is very good too, but the 9 is far nicer than the 380s. I've owned several Bersa 380s and still have a CC, but, while they are fantastic guns in their own right, they are not as nice as the large frame Bersas. They are among the best deals available in guns.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom