• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    What is the general opinion of the FNP 9 by anyone who has owned or shot one? I had the opportunity to handle one recently and I really think this will be the next pistol for me. It has a hammer which I like but the grip fits my hand perfect with the angle and size. Also, it seems from what I have read that this is a very reliable pistol as well. I currently carry a Springfield XD for colder weather carry and for classes I take due to higher capacity but the FN is really looking nice to me. Any opinions on the FN?

Thanks

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have both a FNP9 and FNP40. I have ran over 500 flawless rounds through the FNP9. I like the fact that they come with 3 mags, and 2 back straps. It's my main full size carry gun. From my experience. There is nothing comparable in price on the market. I do not think I'll ever get rid of it.

001-18.jpg

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have one and even though I have only had it to the range a couple of times. It feels good in my hand and accuracy is very good it runs good
    I feel like it is worth more than I paid for it. I don't get to say that with many of my hand guns:)

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I traded a member here a XD9-SC for one last spring and don't regret it. Actually, after getting it, I have thought about getting rid of a Beretta 92F I have had since late 80's.

For whatever reason, of all the 9mm's my wife and I own, the FN is the one that everyone just naturally shoots well. Whenever I am at the range and someone sees and asks what it is, I usually let them try it out. In the last year or two, of these people, no one has not liked it nor not shot it well . It is very accurate !

I only have maybe 1500-2000 rounds thru it now, but it's been a good mix of everything. It never has failed on anything.

The only downside I see is it is rather larger for a 9mm.

Not to change the subject, but does anyone know where you can get factory recoil springs ? It uses one very similiar to the $7.00 Glock gen 3 spring, but I can't seem to find where.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    You guys are killing me with the good reviews :spend: I honestly never looked at one until the other day. Once I held it and messed with the pistol it felt "right."

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    take a look at the FNX-9 as well. I like the grip a little better and the difference in price is really not much at all. I have also heard that FN will be giving a military discount again this year to all serving now and vets as well.

^^beat me to it^^

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The FNX is very similar to the FNP45. In terms of feel and the controls. I have shot Cru's FNX9. There have been some complaints about the mags being difficult to insert, and the back straps having play in them. In those two areas I prefer the FNP. However, I had no issues when I fired Cru's FNX. It also appears that now, there are more holster options for the FNX, compared to the FNP. I went with a Blade Tech and really like it.

Top Bottom