• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Am thinking of getting an FNX-9 anyone on here have one or heard anything good or bad about them?

Got one about 12-18 months ago and I love the feel and function. The grips and design of the weapon makes it feel like an extension of your hand or arm. It points naturally and is a pleasure to shoot. I've run about 300 rounds through mine and never had a feed or function issue. I had another 9mm that was giving me light primer strikes and I took the once struck ammo and fired it through my FNX-9 without any issues.

I have the FNP 45 and the FNP 45 Tactical and like the addition of the manual safety on the FNX. I know others don't like the manual safety, but I do. The accuracy of the weapon is very good and all the internal surfaces look well machined.

I prefer to carry a .45 for SD, but if I want higher magazine capacity I can carry the FNX-9.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Most of them shoot low out of the box, I was told by a factory rep that my FNP 9 was zeroed at 50 yards....bunch of crap...if that were true it would have shot high at 50 feet.

The front sight is just too high, so it will shoot low

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    I have an FNX .45 absolutely live the gun. The DA trigger is pretty good and the SA trigger is great. The decocker option or the ability to carry cocked and locked are great options.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I have the FNX-40 , the first one I got the pin holes holding the trigger group in were loose.. but dealer replaced gun with new one.. I am happy with it.. Kind of wish I could remove the right side safety, my index finger hits it and makes it hard to flick safety off during draw... not a big problem if I carry hammer down & safety off.. but it would be nice to carry cocked & locked..

MrBlue54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    LaPorte
    I have one on order, hopefully Santa comes early!
    I researched the dickens out of the FNX-9. Ratio Good to Bad 90/10
    No issues with the gun. One of the best reports was where a gent started with several, (more like 4-5 guns), less expensive brands. He finally had a chance to shoot the FNX and fell in love and sold the rest!
    Good Luck,
    MrBlue

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I traded a Glock 22 for an FNX-9 that I traded for an M&P that I traded back for a Glock 19.

I like Glocks (except Gen4 stuff) better than any other polly gun on the market. Just me though.

The FNX felt to thick for me and Im not normally bothered by large guns, and at the time there was no after market and no holsters to be found for it. That has probably changed now but I just didnt like the feel of it. It shot good and was reliable besides the fat feel.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Did you try changing any of the grips? Or did it feel like that with all the grips?

Yeah I did. The thinnest one felt the best. I even ordered an extra thin one form FN and shaved it a little with a razor knife. It still felt fat to me.

Try it you may like the feel. Eveyones hands are different so it may not bother you as much as it did me.

Like I said Im biased towards Glock for Polly guns.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a glock bias myself...it's ok:rockwoot:

Dont get to carried away. I prefer steel guns in SAO or DA/SA config to anything else.

Thats what originally brought me to want to try the FNX. I thought it would give me the best of all the worlds, the DA/SA action with the choice of cocked and locked carry like my 1911s with the weight savings of the polly frame and the high capacity afforded by a double stack 9mm. And it does so all those things and I really liked the gun over all I just couldnt hold it comfortably and that made it awkward to draw from my CCW rig. Which at the time had to be a shoulder holster because it was the only one I could find that it fit into halfway decent.

It was a great night stand gun. Not so much a carry gun for me.

Lemmitt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    New Albany
    I am mostly looking at it for a good range gun and a nightstand gun. I carry a G39 for cc but the 45GAP ammo is a bit much to go have a day at the range with

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Give it a try. I liked mine just fine but at the time I wasnt looking for a nightstand gun. I was looking for an EDC. I tend to use my nightstand gun as my EDC so I wanted one that could fill both rolls. For me the Glock 19 fit better in both my hand and intended end use roll. So thats what I went with.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    D.M. Bullard is a custom leather holster maker out of Texas. I ordered a holster from him for my FNP-9 USG and it fits very well in the holster. I took me about 4 weeks of searching in order to find a holster for it. It was a 3 month wait but it was worth it.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    My brother has an FNP-9 he has let me shoot and it is one of the better poly guns i have ever shot. Felt good, good quality, and I like having a poly gun with the traditional DA/SA with the exposed hammer.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    I have an fnp 9 probably 2500-3000 through in flawless not so much as a hiccup. I like mine over the fnx because it doesn't feel as cheap metal parts for the slide etc and the sights are more low profile. That being said if I wanted a safety I would get an fnx

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I own it's older brother the FNP 9mm

FNP9.jpg

I think you'd be very happy with a FN

:cool:

Top Bottom