• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    So a few months ago I bought from a fellow INGOer a XD 9mm. Back in my poorer days i had a hi-point with a cheap belt holster, and now i want to upgrade.

I always CC but since i have what some people would call a "weight problem"
    I prefer an OWB holster.

Now along time ago i had a Fobus paddle holster and it secured my gun very nice, and stood up to abuse, but everytime i sat down the damn paddle would dig into my side.

Is there a good OWB holster for a "portly" fellow?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    For OWB, I would recommend a Raven Concealment.
    They're also site advertisers.

But I'd also give IWB another chance. Look up the MTAC. It's a GREAT holster for IWB. And very comfortable.

Also, look into a better belt. Look up wilderness instructors belt. A good belt solves MOST carry problems.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    if you need an IWB holster, get a Kholster. Lots of peeps on this site love there kholsters. I am a large fellow myself, and the Kholster is top notch.

Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    The biggest reaon I was staying away from IWB is because all my jeans are tight already, I would have to go buy all new jeans to IWB. Oh and my extremely large manhood...yeah thats it HAHA

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    What are you wanting to spend? Personally I think Fobus holsters are poorly made, and not worth the $30. I personally think the Uncle Mikes is of higher quality for roughly the same price. If you do not mind spending more. Then I would recommend a Blade Tech sting ray holster. They come with belt attachments, but you can get a paddle attachment. They run around $60, and the paddle attachments are just over $10. I have been using mine daily for roughly six months now. It's by far the best OWB holster I have owned to date.

Top Bottom