• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    My food plot that I planted in the spring is not what I expected. I sowed 2 acres of clover and put what I thought was a small amount of cover crop. Boy did I get a surprise. Ater spending the time to disk and pepare the soil for the clover, I broadcast seeded the clover. I then spread a dukes mixture of soy bean, sunflower, and sorgham. It rained 7" that spring night and I just had a feeling all my clover washed. I thought I had lost everything. Much to my surprise I have 2 solid acres of very mature sorgham. Can't wait to see how this turns out. That is wildlife wise. I will have a ball with the dove hunting thats for sure. With any luck the turkeys will frequent my property along with the deer. We will see...

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    My food plot that I planted in the spring is not what I expected. I sowed 2 acres of clover and put what I thought was a small amount of cover crop. Boy did I get a surprise. Ater spending the time to disk and pepare the soil for the clover, I broadcast seeded the clover. I then spread a dukes mixture of soy bean, sunflower, and sorgham. It rained 7" that spring night and I just had a feeling all my clover washed. I thought I had lost everything. Much to my surprise I have 2 solid acres of very mature sorgham. Can't wait to see how this turns out. That is wildlife wise. I will have a ball with the dove hunting thats for sure. With any luck the turkeys will frequent my property along with the deer. We will see...

I aint that far away whats you lat/lon cords? :D

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Congratulations on your food plot. Hopefully you have set up several trailcams and will send in pics of your next wall mount

Uconas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    i think the best food plot is a 6-10' strip of a tall plant (corn or something like that) then maybe strip in the center of something tall also. this gives the deer cover and comfort.
    good job on your plot it sounds like you are going to have this year

Top Bottom