• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    If I just painted a wall, and put my TV in front of said wall, and baseball was on, Id probably be more focused on watching the paint dry.

Yawn.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    If I just painted a wall, and put my TV in front of said wall, and baseball was on, Id probably be more focused on watching the paint dry.

Yawn.

:rolleyes: You obviously didn't watch these last two games because they were probably the most exciting baseball games I have ever watched and will go down in history as such.

CARDS!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Wait a minute.... they won?

I turned the tv off in the bottom of the 9th of game 6 when I figured all hope was lost. I didn't even check if they won or if there was another game last night... I just assumed they blew it...

I'm not a huge baseball fan, but when I do watch I often root for the Cardinals... I'm glad they were able to pull it out.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    From September 1st., this has been one of the most exciting seasons I have see. The rapid decline of the Braves and the Red Sox. The playoffs in both divisions were great. This was a good season and good for baseball in general.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I'm sorry but I posted this a little while ago on the World Series thread. While I am not a Cub fan, I don't hate them. I ran across this and found it very amusing.

Twenty major events that have occurred since the Chicago Cubs last laid claim to a World Series championship:
    1. Radio was invented; Cubs fans got to hear their team lose

2. TV was invented; Cubs fans got to see their team lose.

3. Baseball added 14 teams; Cubs fans get to see and hear their team lose to more clubs.

4. George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.

5. Haley's comet passed Earth twice.

6. Harry Caray was born....and died. Incredible, but true.

7. The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league.

8. Man landed on the moon, as have several home runs given up by Cubs pitchers.

9. Sixteen US presidents were elected.

10. There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution.

11. Prohibition was created and repealed.

12. The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered and became the subject of major motion pictures,
    the latest giving Cubs fans hope that something that finishes on the bottom can come out on top.

13. Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League.

14. Flag poles were erected on the Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the team's future World Series pennants. Those flag
    poles have since rusted and been taken down.

15. A combination of 40 Summer and Winter Olympics have been held.

16. Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown; several thanked Cubs pitchers.

17. Bell-bottoms came in style, went out of style and came back in.

18. The Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox and the Florida Marlins have all won the World Series.

19. The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games; they lost the majority of them.

20. Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma and New Mexico were added to the Union.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Better than watching roided out big Mac?

You have to remember that in 1998 baseball was in a slump and had lost a lot of fans due to the players strike a few years before. Big Mac changed the record books as the whole world watched. He, and Chicago Cub Sammy Sosa, brought back memories of the 1961 Mickey Mantle / Roger Maris home run race. McGwire eventually "won" by hitting the record breaking sixty-second homer seven days before Sosa. McGwire went around the bases eight more times before season's end, leaving the new record at seventy. It was exciting and it brought back a lot of fans and many people believed that the McGwire/Sosa home run race saved baseball's future. Little did we know at the time that Big Mac was using steroid Androstenedione which tarnished the feat years later after he admitted using it.

At the time it was exciting, but not as exciting as this years World Series.:twocents:

Top Bottom