• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why not?

Are not gun companies the epitome of capitalism/free markets?

Heck, every single gun company in the States and many across the globe are Horatio Alger stories come to life.

Remington: started out in a log cabin

Smith and Wesson: founded by two guys on the rebound

Winchester: a shirt maker with an ailing business

Ruger: started by a young engineer with no money, stumbled into Alex Sturm and made history

Glock: a "crazy" tinkerer in his garage. Laughed at by the establishment, made billions.

Barrett: a wedding photographer who liked to shoot and thought "ya know, y'all don't know jack, I can do better".

You can go on and on.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Could it be that the small overall economic improvement observed, is largely driven by increased gun sales caused by Mr. Obama? How Ironic! :):
    Mrs. Brady is not amused.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Gun sales are great, but they don't mean much if only existing gun owners are buying more guns.

What I would really like to know is the total number of individuals that own guns and percentage of households that own guns AND see the trend line for both.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Great article and a good counter to the article found in the INGO thread "HuffPo: "The Truth About Gun Sales".

Compare this article Josh Horwitz: The Truth About Gun Sales in the beginning of that thread to the one in this thread.

The liberal left will never acknowledge a few simple truths about guns. Its our right to own guns, more guns equal less crime and OBAMA IS THE GREATEST GUNS SALESMAN EVER. :rockwoot:

firearms-salesman-1.jpg

euby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    West Newton
    Gun sales are great, but they don't mean much if only existing gun owners are buying more guns.

What I would really like to know is the total number of individuals that own guns and percentage of households that own guns AND see the trend line for both.

That would be a tough one. I know alot of people who "own" guns but will never shoot or even clean them. Family hand me downs comes to mind.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Good read. I do think shows like Top Shot, Sons of Guns, and American Guns have probably influenced gun sales somewhat. I just hope the new gun owners that were influenced by Sons of Guns don't think they're supposed to act like those morons do.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Also reading the paper and seeing people get the snot beat out of them in an assault, increasing crime because of meth and other violent felonies and news stories about how hard it is to buy/own a gun in places like DC, Chicago, NYC have probably driven people who have the freedom to do so to arm now while they still can.

bartb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Johnson County

Friend and I graduated, got jobs, bought first guns. So there were at least 2 new gun owners in central Indiana. :D

A better metric might be approvals for gun permits/licenses.

army bratt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    north side evansville
    you know president black obrammma said "they tend to kling to guns and religion". well said my friend! the dems should take this to heart as the rest of the world has been doing for 200 plus years... dont poke the BEAR.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    That is a good article, other than the second paragraph. The author makes it sound like SHOT is just one big gun show. When in reality there is no buying and selling of firearms there.
    They do clarify further down that it is a trade show though. I know I am nit-picking.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The author makes it sound like SHOT is just one big gun show. When in reality there is no buying and selling of firearms there.

Tens of thousands of firearms are sold at SHOT.

However, they are sold by guys in suits to guys in suits over a Vodka Collins or an imported beer.:D

This is Forbes afterall.;)

Top Bottom