Forged Bottle Opener Maddness and Shop Progress!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    What could this be. Well it could be called a sheath, but seeing as it is my first attempt at leather I will just call it that. I am however working to make sheaths for the B.O.C. openers that I make, this is the first and I will carry it for a bit to see if any changes need made. Once I get the kinks of production worked out I will make a pattern and start offering these here in the coming weeks.
    IMG_9293_large.jpg

Leather dye, everywhere!
    IMG_9294_large.jpg

Fall weather is in full swing and the fire pit cookers are getting a great deal of use. Order yours here:
    JG Knives Fire Pit Cooker ? JG Knives & Tools
    IMG_9296_large.jpg

Deer season is upon me here in SC and the smoke pole is all cleaned and oiled, now I jsut have to wait for the rain to let up to try and fill the freezer.
    IMG_9297_large.jpg

Another Skull Meat Fork, I took quite a few photos along the start hoping to make a good WIP thread, but once I got going on it my plan quickly fell apart. Although I think the fork turned out pretty well.
    1/2" square stock, the skull's rough shape is beat in and the handle is drawn out and flattened.
    IMG_9301_large.jpg

The eyes, nose and teeth are punched in using a few different chisels.
    IMG_9306_large.jpg

After the skull and handle are in the process of drawing and tapering out the fork end begin. I add about 5" of length from this part. The fork end is flattened slightly and hot cut. The tines shaped and bent around the horn.
    IMG_9307_large.jpg

Finished. I didn't loop this handle over like the first, wanted to try one this way to see if I liked it. So far I think both versions have a place and will make them both ways for now.
    IMG_9309_large.jpg

These are offered up and are made to order. So you can find one is in stock and will be made and ship in 2-3 days.
    Order here:
    JG Knives Skull Handled Meat Fork ? JG Knives & Tools
    IMG_9310_large.jpg

Shop progress! Well the neighbors got the big tractor our and cleared a "road" to make hauling in material easier and also allow us to use a tractor auger to dig the pier holes!
    IMG_9313_large.jpg

Had a order for 20 openers for a company in TN to fill as well. This was a fun project and really allowed to me work up a great flow for making these.
    IMG_9315_large.jpg

I made them using longer stock and used each end to make one. Gave me a great handle to hold them, so fumbling with tongs was avoided.
    IMG_9321_large.jpg

20 openers, just have to cut them off and shape the handles a bit. The part left will become more forks and steak turners in the coming weeks.
    IMG_9322_large.jpg

Concrete forms are in place and if the weather holds out, we will fill them here soon!
    IMG_9355_large.jpg

Not a can opener, still does it's job. Order yours here:
    JG Knive Hand Forged Bottle Opener ? JG Knives & Tools
    IMG_9356_large.jpg

Quick little road trip into the volunteer state!
    IMG_9360_large.jpg

A hidden gem is the first rest stop into Tennessee on I40W. Inside they have this cool little "battle box" I always make sure to hit the button and hear the sounds of the civil war every time I can.
    IMG_9363_large.jpg

At the place where US built AK rifles are made, Destructive Devices Industries!
    IMG_9366_large.jpg

On my travels I scored this sweet Yugo Mauser M48 in 8MM. Added a HB Forge Camp Axe to the photo for good measure, you can pick up the axe here:
    H&B Forge Hawks ? JG Knives & Tools
    The rifle is not for sale!
    IMG_9370_large.jpg

Top Bottom