• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'lltakethree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2014
    Claypool
    Sent in my first form 1 for a silencer tonight! Planning on building a titanium SD Tactical 30 cal silencer for my 300 blk. I know its nothing ground breaking or to exciting, but I had to tell someone who might appreciate it!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I fully understand your excitement. Make sure to log into the SDTA forum. There's a lot of info there. I'm NFA on that board.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have a form one I'm waiting (hoping it is processing correctly....) on for an SDTA build as well! looks like fun, can't wait!

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'm looking to build a Ti 7.6" D cell 30 cal can. I'm planning on going the SDTAC QD route. Since I only plan on building one can, I think I'll probably just buy the Badger Ridge formed freeze plugs. I'd like to form my own, but I'll probably go for the easy route. I plan on using it as primarily a 300blk and on any AK I have that has a concentric bore... My plan is I'll pretty much disignate it a lower power 30 cal can. I say that not doubting its integrity, but I have to figure out what to do with my QD mount situation. I'm not sure which mounts to put on which rifle. I really wish that they had an end cap that fit a SilencerCo ASR mount that'd make my life much easier.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I'm looking to build a Ti 7.6" D cell 30 cal can. I'm planning on going the SDTAC QD route. Since I only plan on building one can, I think I'll probably just buy the Badger Ridge formed freeze plugs. I'd like to form my own, but I'll probably go for the easy route. I plan on using it as primarily a 300blk and on any AK I have that has a concentric bore... My plan is I'll pretty much disignate it a lower power 30 cal can. I say that not doubting its integrity, but I have to figure out what to do with my QD mount situation. I'm not sure which mounts to put on which rifle. I really wish that they had an end cap that fit a SilencerCo ASR mount that'd make my life much easier.

If I wasn't planning on pinning/welding it to a shorty 458 barrel, I would probably have gone the QD route. Depending on how this entire venture pans out, I may be selling my existing 30cal AAC and building a dedicated 22 cal and 30 cal can.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have a 22can already, but another 22 can might be in the works if this goes well.
    A shorty 458 project would be cool! Post pics when you can!

I'lltakethree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2014
    Claypool
    I'm going with the sd Tactical muzzle break. Depending on how well the can performs I will make a second one for my 10.5" 7.62x39 ar15 upper and consider welding it to avoid another stamp.... My wife hates the NFA bug!

Top Bottom